Georgia Babies
Options

Twin moms

If you have twins (and if anyone here had twins as a second pregnancy): what did you need two of?  And if it was your second pregnancy, what did you NOT need to rebuy for the twins that you re-used from your first baby?  

My friend is having twins and has her old infant seat, but obvs needs a second.  Second high chair, second crib.  Does she need two swings?  Two bumbos?  Two pack n plays?  She finds out the genders in a few weeks.  

TIA!  

Re: Twin moms

• Options

I went a little crazy since it was my first pregnancy and I really didn't know what I would need. But I would recommend getting 1 swing. I had two swings and I only sometimes had them both swinging at the same time. Two bouncy seats helped when I was by myself and they were both screaming to be fed. I would prop them in their bouncy seats and feed them at the same time. I had two bumbos- but they sat in that a total of 5 times. I had two bassinets- actually 3- one large one for the kitchen so we could wheel them in there while we ate...and two small ones for when they slept in our room. Two miracle blankets are a must. Two ultimate crib sheets. I have one pack n play (mine hated the pack n play) so we just use it to change diapers. I got an excersaucer and a jumperoo- so they could both be in something and would then switch them. They both ended up liking the jumperoo so much that I got another on craigslist (I know this is for later on though).  The snap and go stroller was SO useful for while they were in their infant seats. It is so easy to open and snap them in.

Hmmm...I'm sure theres more I'm not thinking of...

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have twins, but I just visited my friend who has 5 week old twins Friday. She had 2 cribs, 2 bouncy seats, double stroller. They have one swing. I'm sure when the boys get ready to start eating baby food they'll buy 2 high chairs or the space saver seats. I would think one pack n play would be enough for now, but as they get older/bigger they may need another depending on how much they'll use it. Sorry I'm not much help! I would definately stock up on diapers because NOBODY other than me bought diapers for the twins!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kegkeg member

Definitely two of--infant seats, high chairs (or if I did it over again, I might skip them and do just the trayed booster seats), cribs, and some type of bouncy seat.  They didn't have Rock n Plays when DDs were little but I think they would have been a lifesaver since DDs slept in their bouncers quite a bit in the first few months.

Swings and bumbos I'd hold off on until she figures out if her babies actually liked them.  We had two swings, but DDs were fans.  We didn't use the bumbos too much, mainly because it made them spit up more than normal which was plenty already. :-) 

Two boppies were lifesavers for me, but that's only because I did a lot of bottlefeeding and I'd prop a baby on each and then sit in front of them and hold bottles. 

We did have 2 Pack n plays, but the only time we used them was for travel.  Thankfully, we were given one and got one used so it wasn't a huge deal. 

Definitely have your friend check out a local Moms of Multiples group.  Not only do they have great advice, but also great consignment sales!

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"