North Carolina Babies
Options

I'm back - that was a short 8 1/2 weeks!

I shed a few tears this morning as I left the house and handed Naomi over to DH.  I know she is in great hands and is being well taken care of but I miss my girl!  Say a few prayers for me that I make it through this day ok!

It is good to be back though!  I missed you guys!

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011

Re: I'm back - that was a short 8 1/2 weeks!

• Options
    wow!  That was a fast 8.5 weeks!  Hugs to you. I hope your day goes by fast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry... that has to be rough. I can't stand being in a separate room for a few minutes, so I can only imagine at the moment. You will do great though, be strong! Sending positive vibes your way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of happy thoughts for a quick and easy day away from your girl.  I did it last week and so far this Monday is much much easier!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Welcome back!  You're halfway through the day.  Way to go. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome back!!!!!

So I'm curious, what situation did you decide on for childcare?  I know you were pretty stressed about that before Naomi was born.  Did your DH decide to switch shifts?  Were you able to keep Connor in daycare?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    welcome back! i was reading through the reponses before i posted and was gonna ask the same thing as mrsmikey about what u guys ended up doing about dh and naomi and childcare!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow--that WAS quick! Glad to see you back though!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imagemrsmikey:

Welcome back!!!!!

So I'm curious, what situation did you decide on for childcare?  I know you were pretty stressed about that before Naomi was born.  Did your DH decide to switch shifts?  Were you able to keep Connor in daycare?

DH switched shifts back right after Christmas.  He pulled Connor from daycare a week later so C was out of daycare about 2.5 weeks before N was born.  I've been home up until today so things have been ok, and DH was off last night, tonight and tomorrow night (his nights off rotate each week) so he's doing ok so far but I'm anxious to see how it goes Thursday when he can't go to bed early and get good sleep.

Connor has adjusted ok.  He isn't getting all of his energy out like he did at school and he missed his friends terribly.  We've had a couple of play dates with his little best buddy but it's not the same as seeing him every day.  He is really great with N but you can tell he gets jealous and constantly has to have one of us playing with him/sitting with him/talking to him.  I really want to get him back into some daily or at least every other day activity.  DH is supposed to be looking into pre-school but he hasn't yet.  I think he will get to it once he works again and sees that he really does need that break.  Naomi is a real easy. chill baby so hopefully she won't give DH too much trouble.  I'll keep you guys posted.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Options
    Welcome back!  And it will be interesting to see how your DH handles them both on no sleep--keep us posted :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    Welcome back V, good to see you!  Hope all the adjustments go fine with coming back to work!  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"