Pregnant after 35
Options

vent about comments

So, I'm due August 7th and am carrying pretty big...

My DD is only 15 months old.. I had a mc last summer, gained weight and started this pregnancy alot heavier  (about 40 lbs more) than last time.  I am currently the SAME weight I was when I was FULL TERM with my DD. So.. my bump is a little big.

I have started telling people that ask when the baby is coming..."oh, in the summer.." just to avoid the "AUGUST???!!!" shocked faces.  Really, I am hoping for July.. (as of July 17th I'll be full term)...since we have way too many August birthdays in my family and want this little guy to have his own day... not to mention I don't want to have to be pregnant all summer...

Anyway.. anybody have any good comebacks for comments like "you sure its only one baby???", etc..??  I wish people knew that the ONLY comment to tell a pregnant lady is "you look fabulous!".... Aggh.  Thanks for listening to my vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vent about comments

• Options

Well, if you have any fibroids you could say you're "riddled with tumors."  I used that one with Margaux, it was a pretty good conversation-stopper.  :)

I've found brutal honesty tends to make folks realize when they're being rude.  Saying "Well, I started out with a lot of extra weight" might do it, or even "Wow, that comment makes me feel really awkward!"

I'm sure you're beautiful.  :)  I hope you get your mid-late July birthday! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I had no good reason but was bigger when I got pregnant each time.  With my first I gained 50 lbs too.  At his firm's Holiday Party, I had one of DH's co-workers argue with me for at least 20 minutes that there was "no way" I had 3 more months to go.

Since it was HIS work, I couldn't say Jack.  I was so miserable.

Side note... worse was the party the the year DS#2 was almost 1 year old and no less than 3 of the partners commented on my pregnancy, thinking I was pregnant.  Embarrassed and Angry

I haven't been back to his holiday party since and may never go back even if he makes shareholder one day. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just tell them...well getting "bigger" tends to happen when growing a fetus.
  • Options

I dont have any good comebacks, but with my last pregnancy i gained alot too and at about 6months a stupid woman in a food store asked if it was twins. Gahhhhhhhhhhhh

I lost the weight and now half her size. I think i should go back now and comment on her body......

• Options
    I just posted The Pregnant Woman Rules which you may enjoyBig Smile
  • Options

from pregnant chicken

Are you sure you're not having twins?! You're so big!

• Shhh, it's actually a litter of puppies but don't tell anyone yet.
    • No, I actually have a condition called "Ur-a-***". Google it. It's spelled the way it sounds.
    • Did you say "twins" or "violins"? Oh, okay I guess both sounded kind of stupid.

"You're huge!"

• I know!! It's like I'm growing a whole baby or something!
      • Holy ***, you too!
      • I don't know why either, all I consume these days is cocaine and Diet Sprite. Weird, eh?

• Options
    imagekimb311:

from pregnant chicken

Are you sure you're not having twins?! You're so big!

• Shhh, it's actually a litter of puppies but don't tell anyone yet.
    • No, I actually have a condition called "Ur-a-***". Google it. It's spelled the way it sounds.
    • Did you say "twins" or "violins"? Oh, okay I guess both sounded kind of stupid.

"You're huge!"

• I know!! It's like I'm growing a whole baby or something!
      • Holy ***, you too!
      • I don't know why either, all I consume these days is cocaine and Diet Sprite. Weird, eh?

LOL pure genius.

Honestly, as big as I am, I have to say i'm surprised nobody has made the twins comment yet. As for the "wow May?" comment, I guess it just doesn't bother me.

If anyone makes a comment about my size, I just say, well, her daddy is 6'5, you do the math.

I don't get out much, and when I do, I'm typically in quite a bit of pain, so maybe people just have pity on me that I look so tired and worn out they don't make much conversation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

OMG... Some of those pregnant chicken comebacks are hysterica!  How funny.. Thanks to all of you for your responses...  makes me feel better. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"