Maryland Babies
Options

***jcsntms06*** (Cosco Scenera carseat)

Jen, if I remember correctly, you ended up getting the Cosco Scenra convertible car seat for A. for your second car?  We have the Britax Marathon, which is a beast, in DH's car since DD is in that one the most.  I still have the infant car seat in mine but she is just about outgrown it.  We are looking for a 2nd car seat and don't know if we want another beast of one and one that costs that much.  I did look at the Graco My Ride 65 that is often recommended, but it seems just as big!  Does A. seem comfortable in the Cosco Scenera and would you recommend it?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image

Re: ***jcsntms06*** (Cosco Scenera carseat)

• Options

Sorry to butt in but my ride is really big. a smaller alternative is evenflo triumph. my dh has that one in his car and its awesome. i dont know much about cosco much but i have also heargood things about that one too.

gl 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm butting in too!

We have one for DCP's car and DS does fine in it.  He seems comfortable (and has fallen asleep many times!)  I wouldn't take it on a cross country trip or anything, lol - but it is perfect for a secondary seat.  

FWIW, our primary seat is a MyRide 65 and it is huge!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTeagiedo:

Sorry to butt in but my ride is really big. a smaller alternative is evenflo triumph. my dh has that one in his car and its awesome. i dont know much about cosco much but i have also heargood things about that one too.

gl 

I'm not a big fan of the Cosco Scenera. Yes the price was good, but when A falls asleep her head leans forward and I worry. We bought one of those things that goes around her neck, but she doesn't really help that either. 

In my aunt's car we have the evenflo triumph and I really like that carseat. It's slim and easy to get her in and out. I have the myride in the pilot and its my favorite seat, very comfy for A and it has good head support, unlike the cosco scenera. Plus the CS only goes up to 40lbs. Myride and triumph both can be used up to 65lbs.

• Options
    The Seneca doesn't recline as much as the MyRide in the rear facing position...  I think it may be good when the child has more neck control and if you are planning on RF after 1.  I tried putting a rolled up towel under it and that worked for a while, but eventually the towel got flat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had an Evenflo Triumph in DH's car before he totaled it.  It's a great seat, and when DH was t-boned (on A's side of the car) Aiden walked away without a scratch.

The Britax Roundabout is also a bit smaller than the Marathon.

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"