Secondary IF

grasping at straws

Some context around this morning's temp drop that I couldn't go into on my phone, especially bc you can't do paragraphs.

I woke up broiling, drenched in sweat (an hour before I usually temp) with that low 97.9 temp, down from 98.5 the day before.  I laid there an hour trying to cool off, get unsweaty, etc and nothing budged it up from 97.9. I felt warmer today and took it when DS napped, like I often do, because for some reason in the afternoon if I lie down for 10 mintues when he naps, my temp is almost always the same as the morning.  It was back up to 98.7. Which got me wondering, since the function of sweat is to cool one off, could I have gotten really overheated and then sweat to cool me off so my temp isn't meaningful?

Second, I went back to the internet cheapie test stick, and there was a faint line, the same as the day before, which is sort of what it should be with a rise in natural hcg with the halving of the amount from the shots. But at least there was something there from the shots, so I'm not as crazy as I felt this am.

Anyway.  I'm just grasping at straws because I can't believe it's over. DH said our journey doesn't have to be over today, but since I promised I'd only push one IUI it sort of is, effectively.

Thanks for listening to the crazy lady rant and vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: grasping at straws

• Fingers crossed lovey.  When is your beta?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I'm sorry. I hope this isn't the end for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're feeling like there isn't any hope left for this cycle.  I hope you're wrong. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• I still have my fingers crossed for you this cycle!

But I also wanted to say, 'never say never'.  If DH says it doesn't have to be the end of the road then maybe you can reevaluate your thoughts/plan and talk through it together.  I would say if your husband is open to it then it's still worth pursuing.

I know you mentioned in previous posts that you didn't want to try any more because of your age but really what is a couple of months in the scale of a lifetime?

Lord knows I had this grand plan last year that I would have another springtime baby and my children would be no more than 3 years apart, but God had a much different plan for me.  I'm sure he was laughing at my thoughts, silly girl I was.

I hope this isn't in any way offensive to you but sometimes I think as women we get these plans in our mind set in stone and we have to remember we have the right to change our mind too! Thinking of you and hoping you get great news that you won't even have to think about all of this.

• Fingers crossed for you! 

I read some where that you can't always rely on temping during medicated cycles.  Maybe the meds are throwing your temps off??

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My fingers are crossed for you too.  Ditto Ready2b about charting while medicated, I read that somewhere too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • JMayJMay member
    I'm weighing in late on your post but I too have my fingers crossed!  At the very least, your DH is open to continuing your efforts - does that bring you any comfort?  I'm still holding on to hope for this cycle, even if you aren't... (HUG)
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • fingers crossed for you...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"