Georgia Babies
Options

Looking for new crockpot recipes

I'm looking for some new crockpot recipes. We don't like chicken in the crockpot because of the texture.  I'm usually too exhausted at the end of the day to cook like I used to do. So give me your best please.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking for new crockpot recipes

• Options

I made red beans and rice this week.

1lb red beans

2 packages of "trinity mix" (celery, onion, green bell peppers)

1 tablespoon of creole sesoning

1 tablespoon of garlic (I will probably use more next time)

couple of bay leaves

7 cups water

1 andouille sausage thinly sliced

I think that's it...I need to double check my recipe.  It turned out pretty good.  I put everything in the crock pot for 7 hrs but you could do it longer for sure since mine turned out a little watery.  I made a pot of rice when I was ready and that was it.  I like my red beans with balsamic vinegar on it.

• Options
    that is pretty similar to my recipe.  I'll make that this week.  I haven't done that in awhile.  Oh, and if you smoosh some of the beans with a potato smasher towards the end it makes that creamy consistency so it isn't watery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Salsa Chicken is so easy.

chicken breast, salsa, drained can of black beans, small drained can of corn.  Cook on low and put in a small block of cream cheese to melt about 30 minutes before you are ready to serve it.  It really just has to melt so if you are short on time you can nuke the cream cheese and stir in in.  We really like it over yellow rice and it makes a great filling for quesadillas.  The kitchen kind of shreds down.

• Options

I'm a atl nestie lurker but I loooove using my slow cooker. Here are some recipes that I've tried and liked:

https://vinointhekitchen.blogspot.com/search/label/Slow Cooker

• Options
    I'm going to try the Salsa Chicken this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"