South Florida Babies
Options

Mohel Recommendation in SoFla?

Can anyone recommend one?

My hubby is Jewish, I'm not, but we'd like to have a bris...

thanks!

Re: Mohel Recommendation in SoFla?

• Options
    I was in the same boat-my husband is jewish and I am not.  We used Dr. Abraham Benyunes.  He is a mohel and a pediatrician.  Click here for his website.  I was hesitant about doing the bris at all but, because he is a a mohel and a ped., I decided it was the best of both worlds.  He was very nice and personable and did a great job (healed quickly, etc.)
  • Options

After going to multiple Bris', we went with Rabbi Seif; he is absolutely amazing!  Our son healed just fine, the ceremony was beautiful and personable.  He is very popular down here, and will soon be doing the baby naming for our daughter.  His email address is (and don't let the email address scare you):

RABBI HOWARD SEIF

4701 N. 37TH STREET

HOLLYWOOD FL  33021

954-961-5597

EMAIL:  seiftheknife@aol.com

Good luck and congrats

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks for the info!

the only thing we're hesitant about is waiting for the 8th day & doing it in a non-hospital setting. We'd prefer to get it over with ASAP & be in a sterile environment vs. a home, but not sure if Mohel's do this.

• Options

We were told that there is a great Mohel in our pedi practice.  Not sure his name, but you can always call them and ask.  So FL Pediatric Partners 305-271-4711.  My cousin used him for her son's.  

My boys were circum after they left the hospital.  They were actually 3 wks old (since in NICU, not performed in hospital, then I had complications which delayed us to getting to doc).  No anasthesia was used, and they were fine.  They cried during procedure, and each time they peed that day.  The next day they were sensitive but everything was good.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJeeniepingG:

thanks for the info!

the only thing we're hesitant about is waiting for the 8th day & doing it in a non-hospital setting. We'd prefer to get it over with ASAP & be in a sterile environment vs. a home, but not sure if Mohel's do this.

I'm kinda a lurker here but I live in central broward and am having the same dilema as you we would rather do it in a steril setting and sooner rather than later, Let me know what you find out please!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJeeniepingG:

thanks for the info!

I was concerned about the non-sterile setting thing too (I didnt really care about waiting the eight days if we could do it at hospital/docs office, etc.).  We talked about different compromises and I ended up talking to my OB about him doing it in his office on the eighth day, with the rabbi there doing his thing.  My OB was willing to do that and said he had done it before, but my insurance wouldnt have paid for it, so we would have had to pay out of pocket for the OB to do it. (this didnt end up being a deciding factor for us, but it is something to consider).    Anyway, it was my OB who ended up convincing me that it was OK to do the bris with a mohel at someone's home.  He said there was no greater risks or anything that he knew of as a result of a circ done at an in-home bris v. a hospital setting, mohel's do way more circ's than he does, etc.  When my in-laws ended up finding the mohel ped., I thought that was a perfect compromise.  we did it at their house with their rabbi and this ped. mohel, so I felt comfortable that there was an MD performing it in case there were any sort of complications (which there were not).  I think it rreally just comes down to it being a personal decision between you and your husband (with lots of "gentle pressure" from the in-laws :) ).  Good luck with your decision!

• Options

We used Dr. Kaweblum - https://www.kaweblum.com/

He was absolutely wonderful and administered anesthetic. My son didn't cry during the circumcision and I was thankful that it was a pediatrician doing the procedure instead of just a regular mohel! I highly recommend him. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"