VBAC
Options

What would LMP mean for shorter cycles?

I'm starting to chart using fertility friend, and I've noticed that over the last couple of months my periods have been shorter. I used to be exactly regular. I mean before giving birth my period being off just a few hours resulted in giving it a name. 28 days almost to the hour! So now all of a sudden 25 days? Anyway we are quite a ways from TTC, but we have so much planning to do for next year, I though I would get a really strong handle on charting before we really needed it.

So, the question is about a post from last night. Someone posted about lying about LMP to give yourself a few more days. If these cycles continue to be shorter, did I gain those few days on my own?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What would LMP mean for shorter cycles?

• Options
    I think so. Does FF take cycle length into account when you get a BFP and enter it into your chart? You could test it and see.... just go into the future and fake a positive and see what it gives you for an EDD?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's hard to say anything for sure if you don't know when you're ovulating.  You can have a 25 day cycle and O on CD 14 and you can have a 30 day cycle and O on day 14, for example.  The difference in cycle length would be made up in your luteal phase after you ovulate.  Of course, not everyone O's on CD 14 and you might O on different days during different cycles.  It's my understanding that a woman's luteal phase will be more consistent than the amount of time before she O's. 

The LMP date assumes that you O on CD 14.  If you don't, it will be off.  If you are charting and using OPKs, you will have a better idea of what day you actually ovulated each cycle.  

I hope I'm making sense here.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As pp said, you'll need to know when you're ovulating to determine if you gained a few days. 

I'm the one who posted about lying about LMP.  I have a 30-32 day cycle and I usually ovulate around day 18-19.  So, I'm losing about 5 days when they use the wheel that assumes ovulation on day 14..  

If your cycle is short and it's the luteal phase (after ovulation) that is short, you can actually have trouble getting pregnant.  Check out TCOYF, it will take you through all that.

• Options
    What is TCOYF?
  • Options
    Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it's a book.  A very good, informative, eye-opening book!!! : )
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemarianj79:
    Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it's a book.  A very good, informative, eye-opening book!!! : )

Thanks. I actually have looked "locally" for that and haven't found it yet. Just didn't get the shortened version. Haha. I guess I'll have to order it online.

• Options

It gave me 2 days.  I KNOW I ovulated on day 12, but according to my LMP, my due date is on August 28th.  By my calculations, it's August 26th. 

They're keeping my due date the same, so I got a few more days.  And baby has consistently measured 2 days even ahead of my date.  

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"