Detroit Babies
Options

Q about Beaumont photographer

Hi.  If you have delivered at Beaumont in the last year, can you please tell me about the newborn photographer?  Are the photos taken the day after the baby is born?  If you don't mind me asking, how expensive are the photos?  How is the quality?  Did you puchase the photos in lieu of having a photographer come to your house?  Thanks for the feedback.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Q about Beaumont photographer

• Options

I delivered out of RO in June, and I thought the photographer that was there was good. It's Bella Baby Photography. I ended up having a c-section on Friday, they came in first thing saturday AM and asked if we were interested in pictures we said yes, and she came back later in the afternoon to take pictures.  I thought they turned out really nice. The photographer we had was great, she actually came back because the first time she came in the room Morgan was being real fussy.  She got some good shots. We didn't get newborn pictures taken so we actually purchased the full cd, which if I remember correctly was about $150, I think, which gave us full rights to the pictures.  They take the pictures for free, so I suggest you just have them done and then they give you online viewing for about 2 or 3 weeks after. Also she gave us NO pressure to purchase any packages at all.

Some advice is to make sure you have cute blankets/hats or any outfit that you want. I wasn't prepared at all and had to have my mom stop by my house and grab stuff and bring them up the hospital. Also, they will do a family shot, so make sure you have top you would be ok having a picture in and you SO too. I was also wasn't prepared for that so we didn't do a family shot. Plus I look terrible!!

Good Luck!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had Bella take pics and than we bought the disc of images. I kind of felt like I needed to have those first pictures so I bought it and now regret them. It was a hormone thing for me. They aren't the best quality but they are good. They are working with hospital lighting so I understand.

We still had someone come to the house and take pictures a month later. I was not up for getting pictures of myself 12 hours after having a csection and still having a catheter in so I couldn't really get up and get ready. So I still wanted family ones.

they do them for free and don't pressure you so still get it done but don't let the hormones control your decision.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We bought the cd as well.  I just checked my charge statement and it was $143.10 after tax.  They sell prints of the pictures, but the prices were insane!  The pricing is pretty much made to steer you towards buying the cd.

I thought they did a really good job.  For me, they came the second day, which worked out well because I was feeling great, had taken a shower, did my hair, had my own pjs on.  So I was able to get in a few shots and not look horrible.  Plus Nathan was more alert, so we got some awesome shots of him with his eyes open.  It's one of my favorites!  The one nice thing is you get the cd immediately, so we were able to use those for birth announcements and to appease grandparents who wanted pictures ASAP.  We did hire a newborn photographer.  We got some great shots that way, my only complaint was we had it done around 10 days, then it took a month for editing and another week to actually get the cd of images.  He was almost 2 months by that point. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Pretty much what JandR said.  My dad bought the cd for us as a gift, we didnt take family pics at the hospital because I was in pain after my surgury and didnt feel like getting up and getting ready.  So we did have someone come out and do some more and do some family pics for us.  They do an okay job, some of the pics were really cute, some I could have done myself :)  It also depends on which photo you get and what props that they have that day. 

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

They did a really great job on my son's pictures.  He was a preemie and in the NICU for two weeks so we really wanted some professional photos, but were not prepared to take him out in public so soon.  Having the photographer come to us was perfect. 

The CD was the best value.  We printed tons of pictures at Walgreen's for about the cost of one picture through Bella.

• Options
    Thanks to everyone that responded.  I really appreciate the information.
  • Options
    imageAngela_Dawn:

They did a really great job on my son's pictures.  He was a preemie and in the NICU for two weeks so we really wanted some professional photos, but were not prepared to take him out in public so soon.  Having the photographer come to us was perfect. 

The CD was the best value.  We printed tons of pictures at Walgreen's for about the cost of one picture through Bella.

This.

Our DD was in the NICU for 7 weeks so the last thing we wanted or were allowed to do was take her to a studio.  Our photographer was amazing and I love our pics.  We bought the CD and the only issue I had with Bella Baby (which was a big one) is that you only get the pictures on the CD that are shown on their website so if they take 30 pictures but only show 20 of their website those are the 20 you get.  And they would post 4 of almost the same pic and not post any of the pics where it's me and her.  Luckily our photographer worked with us and we were able to swap out some choices.

You can also take items to the hospital with you for the baby to wear.  We had a couple of tutus and headbands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"