January 2011 Moms
Options

Traveling for the first time....

Ok, so, tomorrow the whole fam is going to NYC for my bday. Although I am looking fwd to this, I am very petrified about having LO with us... His sleep training is going out the window, so will feeding time... i am just nervous about stimulating him too much and having meltdowns in the middle of manhattan. 

Has anyone taken their LO on a big trip yet? 

Re: Traveling for the first time....

• Options

I've been on two road trips and 2 flights with my girl and we're going on our third one next week. (the problem with not living close to family) We went 9 hrs to dh's family and she totally got off her schedule. I was super stressed and she was over tired because nobody would let her sleep. She would only be happy when I held her. My suggestion would be to bring one or two things you know settles him down. If she really needs to sleep I put her in my moby and she gets good rest and no stimulation if she's covered.

Just try to enjoy life outside of a schedule for a few days. Yesterday I wanted to go out but was worried about her schedule. I had to remind myself that life is short and I should enjoy it. :)

Good luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    don't get too worried. Just stay flexible and be sure whatever you're doing won't be ruined if you need to stop and feed LO. He will probably enjoy being out in a new place, our LO loves getting out of the house! Just think, it will be easier now than when he's a toddler! LOL! Enjoy yourself and Happy Birthday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"