Florida Babies
Options

Lakeland, FL TTC

Anyone in Lakeland dealing with infertility issues?  I'm looking for someone to chat with on their experiences.  Any particular Doctor's you are working with, kits you've tried, medications, etc?  My DH is really dragging his feet on working with me on this since concieving hasn't "just happened" naturally.  I've been diagnosed with PCOS and didn't know if there are others in the same situation.  Your thoughts?Confused

Re: Lakeland, FL TTC

• Options
    Hey there!  I haven't had experience with infertility but I live just south of Lakeland and wanted to say hello.  I've sent you a PM Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! I am in Lakeland and while I have not had any IF issues, I wanted to wish you luck and tell you that I have heard great things about Watson Clinic and their high risk/ IF side of things. HTH!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A mom from my mom's group I joinned has the same thing you have. If you would like I can ask her if she would share her email so you can talk. I can see the pain in her face when she talks about loss and issues.

Wishing you luck.

• Options

I'm not far from Lakeland. I do not have PCOS, but I do have endometriosis. It is quite painful. I do have good news for you, though. We tried so many different treatments for the endometriosis (even surgery), and nothing worked. My doctor recommend we try to have a baby. Which we wanted anyway. After over a year of trying, and countless other treatments for infertility, we got pregnant. On our own, at that. I had just finished my first 3 months of Clomid (I highly reccommend- only $9 a month!) about a month or so before. Then I had an HSG done. There was a small blockage and the dye from the HSG actually cleared it out. And, about a month after that, we decided to not try for a few months and get our nerves back. I know how not being able to concieve can be. And, low and behold, we got pregnant the first month we 'weren't trying'! I had all kinds of schedules and methods, didn't do a one of them! We are now 20 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! I know what it's like for your husband to not like that it didn't 'just happen'- I had to convience my husband, too. There are many other treatments you can try before IVF or AI. I also had 3 previous miscarriages (all before 10 weeks). The endometriosis was most likely the culprit. I know all of the pain and anguish of TTC & miscarriages- but I promise, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

I wish you much luck, and my best advice is to just keep a clear head.

-Kelly :)

• Options

WOW EVERYONE!Big Smile Thank you for all of your kind words and some exciting stories of encouragement.  Well good news....My DH is finnnnnnally on board that it is not going to "just happen!"  My OB/GYN is going to perscrib me Clomid, but before they do it, they have to wait to get an "all clear" from my DH analysis to make sure there is nothing wrong on his end.  I just sent in the sample to the lab earlier this week.  I got the results back and he has an infection, I guess it's kind of common.  So they perscribed him Cipro and in about 15 days he goes back again for another SA and we should get the "all clear" on his side so we can then move on to my side and start addressing my issues.  I'll keep everyone posted.

I talked to the nurse about not wasting any time and I want to get moving on this now that my DH is on board.  She told me that their high risk OB just recently passed away, Dr. Barrett to pancreatic cancer. I heard he was an awesome high risk OB...My Condolences to anyone who may have had the pleasure of having him delivery any of their children and had a great experience.  Any word on who is replacing him? 

• Options
    Congratulations on getting things going. Like I said, I recommend the Clomid. My husband also had his count done, and they actually said it was low. Mostly do to his work in a warehouse. But, they recommeded him to take multi-vitamins & eat a little better. I think what worked for us, was a combination of everything. Just take some time and try not to stress. It will happen! I am no help on the doctor for you, I use Dr. Mancini with Gessler Clinic in Winter Haven. He is also High Risk.
    -Kelly :)

• Options

I saw Dr. Schwartz with Watson Clinic 3 weeks ago, and she said they don't have any plans for a new high risk OB/GYN yet.  They haven't been able to convince any candidates that Lakeland is a GREAT place to come work!  (I guess).  For now, they are using USF docs for those patients - I'm not sure how that all works out.

Expecting a bootiful baby Girl this Halloween
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"