Michigan Babies
Options

daycare vs. nanny costs

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies
anyone have any numbers/estimates for either a nanny or daycare?  We are looking for someone to watch our baby while we are at work (8:30am-5:30p) 5 days/week.  I have no clue where to look or how much to expect cost wise.  HELP!

Re: daycare vs. nanny costs

• Options

For daycare expect to spend about $3-$3.50/hr for a newborn.  It's about the same for an in-home provider and a center.  If you have more than one kid it may be more cost effective to get a nanny, especially if she is willing to help clean and make dinner.  Care.com is a good place to start for nannies, otherwise the state website is a good for centers and in-home providers.  You can see if they are licensed, for how many and how long, and if they've had any violations or complaints.  I used that one and narrowed my search to our area and started contacting the best ones.  The link is posted below.  Kent Regional 4 C's has good resources as well.

https://www.dleg.state.mi.us/brs_cdc/sr_lfl.asp

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Options
    Our daycare for our infant is going to cost us $215 a week.We are going with a child development center.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I own a licensed group home day care and our costs are the same across the board for infants/toddlers/school aged. 

I'm in GR and our costs are $40 a day for 1-4 days and $35 a day for the full week.  We did a lot of research before opening and we are right in the middle of most in-home and centers. 

When I lived in Chicago I paid $50 a day at a licensed home and it was going to be $375 for a center per week.  Tongue Tied

• Options

I pay $2.50/hr for infant in-home care in Muskegon - probably doesn't help since you are in GR, but I thought I would share.

I think a nanny around here costs a lot more than daycare.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"