Birth Stories
Options

Celia Ann's birth story (not too long, 7 weeks later)

2/2/11 My Dh got off call at 12 am on my due date. He is an volunteer EMT and wanted to do one more late shift before we had out little girl. He fell asleep at about 12:30 and I was laying down doing a puzzle trying to make my eyes tired enough so I could sleep too. The day before my doc told me there was little to no chance of me going into labor within a week of my due date so we didnt think anything was going to happen. We were only a few days away from scheduling an induction. 12:45 rolled around and I felt a sharp pain, it wasnt like the contractions I had been having for almost 4 weeks. Then my water broke. I rolled over and told DH I thought it broke and he asked why. When I described what was going he jumped and started getting ready to go. Of course our little angel decided to wait for the worst ice and snow storm of the winter to introduce herself to us.

I ended up at a hospital near my home instead of the ones near my OB so I was dealing with doctors I didnt know. I was having contractions every 2 minutes and was not dilating at all. 9 hours later I was 50% effaced and only 2 cm dilated. The midwife on duty checked me and made a concerned face. The soon to be mommy and daddy were getting a little worried. She called the doctor on duty and after he checked me he also had a concerned face. He told be because of the mild form of dwarfism I have my hips are at a different angle then normal. There was a less than 1% chance of me having a child naturally. So he told me a c-section was the only way for me to safely have the baby. I was upset because I was concerned for my daughter and I had just realized how much I wanted to deliver my daughter the old fashion way.

An hour later (delayed because I wanted my mother to get to the hospital, the doc was not happy about the delay) the sent me to the or. The spinal they gave me did not work the way it was supposed to most likely because the doc had never given one to someone my size before) I felt a lot more then I should have, so I was given extra meds through my IV and a gas mask. I apparently was trying to move away for the doctor.  A few minutes later I heard the most beautiful sounds in the world. A very mad baby. My DH went to bring her over to me and I fell in love with a tiny girl weighing 6lbs 9oz and who was 19 inches long.  

Re: Celia Ann's birth story (not too long, 7 weeks later)

• Options
    congratulations! 
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm surprised your OB or midwife didn't mention a concern about you birthing naturally in all of your check-ups. 

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCeridwen21:
    Congratulations! I'm surprised your OB or midwife didn't mention a concern about you birthing naturally in all of your check-ups. 

Congratulations! But am also surprised no one mentioned this to you before.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"