Houston Babies

New AAP Carseat Recommendations

Since it hasn't been posted or discussed I thought I'd throw it out there.  The AAP changed their recommendations on rear facing carseats this week, just FYI. 

Linky.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
Hipster dog is not impressed.

Re: New AAP Carseat Recommendations

• I think the RFing-until-2 recommendation has been in place for a while, but they more recently changed some of the other recs for boosters/weight limits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The AAP press release says they have removed the 12mos 20lbs minimum from the recommendation, it's dated Monday.  I think a lot of doctors and other organizations have been saying until 2 for quite some time but I believe this is the official change-of-stance from the AAP. 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Loading the player...
  • My co-worker just turned her 5 month old forward facing! It scares the crap out of me for her! I will send her the link.

• imageSuzi-G-:
    The AAP press release says they have removed the 12mos 20lbs minimum from the recommendation, it's dated Monday.  I think a lot of doctors and other organizations have been saying until 2 for quite some time but I believe this is the official change-of-stance from the AAP. 

This article dated April 2009 references AAP's recommendation to keep kids RFing until 2 years. I think it is becoming "official" now though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"