Postpartum Depression
Options

6 months along and finally getting help.

Hi girls,

This is my first time on this board. I believe I have been dealing with lingering ppd. I made an apt to go see my dr and a local counselor to get myself sorted out a bit and back on track.

In a nutshell, DS was born via urgent csection after months of planning a natural non medicated midwife assisted birth. The evening of day 3 I completely emotionally bottomed out in the hospital. I loved and wanted my son but I had no idea what to do with him or why I couldn't stop crying. I had no desire to lay in bed and stare at him and memorize his face etc. Once home I assumed it was the baby blues and would pass. I lost my desire to breastfeed which was the most important thing in the world...I just didn't care anymore.

Over time I found myself physically angered when he would cry (which isn't often, he's a wonderfully mellow gentle little man), and suddenly I understood how and why mothers would abandon their families and hurt their beautiful babies.

I have never hurt DS but it crosses my mind. I am often cold to him. I love him so very much and have days where I am just marveled by him and then suddenly I just fall apart.

Since I have DS I found out my dad has stage 4 brain cancer, my favorite uncle died, my beloved grandma (labour coach) died completely unexpectedly.

DH has been pretty amazing. If I were to look at it from an outside perspective he's a saint. But god help him on the days he can do no right....sigh....we will survive this, just sucks right now, doesn't it.

Just putting it out there, thanks ladies.

xo 

Re: 6 months along and finally getting help.

• Options

It sounds like you have taken the first step and are on the right track to get better. I you get the help you need :)

Keep us posted!

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses... You sound very strong and I hope you feel better. I think I've had some of the same problems and sadness but my mom helped me a lot by saying how much she was proud of me that I am mom now and how great I was doing. Maybe think about how great you are and even that people that you loved so much are gone they are staying as your angels to protect you and your family. Talk about it with someone too. I hope it helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"