TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

DH having a sad day (weenie update)

Apparently getting a vasectomy at 32 is a lot like getting a sex change.

Today he had to do a mental evaluation before the procedure. Actually not THAT big a deal, but given his age, he has to go through an interview process (which I understand as some men see it as a 5 year birth control plan) before a doctor will go forward.

DOC: "So you feel you've contributed enough to society, eh?" How many children have you fathered
DH: Technically? Four. But they're dead. We make broken babies.
DOC: Indifferent
DH: So, ummm, yeah. We'd like to STOP making broken babies.
DOC: But what if you decide to leave your wife so you can have children? Vas reverseals aren't always successful you know.
DH: Tongue Tied

Thanks doc.

Re: DH having a sad day (weenie update)

• Options
    Your poor DH. That doctor is a douche.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That doctor sucks!  Sorry he had to go through that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Um, that's awkward.
    Poor DH.
  • Options
    That's awful....
  • Options

Oh, and I should mention this whole conversation happened with DH's pants around his ankles, standing, and the doc sitting next to him (weenie level).

Finally DH started to feel like a pervert and was like, "Umm, can I put my pants back on now?"

• Options
    What a db doctor. I am so sorry for DH.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cannot believe that dr! Your poor DH.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that your DH had to go through that-
  • Options
    OMG, that's horrible!  I'm sorry your DH has such an awful person for a doctor.
  • Options
    WTH?  Wow, nice bedside manner.  I'm so sorry that you and your DH are having to go through this, and even sorrier that the Doc was so crappy.
  • Options

Wow, who knew that one's contribution to society is measured by how many offspring they have?! I guess professional atheletes are what keep this country going then, huh?

I hope that his doctor's surgical skills are better than his being-a-decent-human skills.

• Options
    Wow. I am sorry about Dr. Dickface, and did this occur with you in the room?? I would be livid!!
  • Options
    OMG that doc needs a crotch kick!! That is so wrong!! Want me to slash the doc's tires??
  • Options

imagejennsadye1979:
    Wow. I am sorry about Dr. Dickface, and did this occur with you in the room?? I would be livid!!

No. He called and told me later. It just sucked BIG TIME hearing that the doc basically implied, "Are you sure you actually still want to be with a woman that can't give you children?"

Like I don't hate myself hard enough for being a failure in that dept.

Although I admit, I'm a teensy bit please that he gets just a taste of the humiliating, invasive and painful procedures I've dealt with the last 4 years.

• Options
    WTeverlovingF?  I'm sorry your DH had to deal with that, and you by proxy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    imageheathergirl67:

Wow, who knew that one's contribution to society is measured by how many offspring they have?! I guess professional atheletes are what keep this country going then, huh?

I hope that his doctor's surgical skills are better than his being-a-decent-human skills.

Amen to this and to the name Dr Dickface, though I might suggest the apt title change be Dr ***-in-face.  

• Options
    Did the doctor actually say that? Horrible!
    Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I read this at work and couldn't reply. My heart is breaking for you guys. It's bad enough you guys made the decision and now the douche bag doctor needs you tell him the reasons you decided to do it. My friends husband just had one and didn't have to go through all of this. My friend has a mild mental illness and doesn't want to pass it on and her DH never wanted kids. However, they never tried to talk him out of it. I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    That?s terrible! Your poor DH :-( Hugs to you both

BFP #1 4/22/10 MC 5/5/10 (6w4d) EDD 12/25/10
    BFP #2 10/19/10 CP 10/27/10 (4w6d) EDD 6/30/11
    BFP #3 5/10/11 Lucas Abelardo born 12/29/11 at 37w3d
    BFP #4 12/10/12 MMC 1/14/13 (9w3d) D&C 1/15/13 EDD 8/16/13 

BFP #5 8/22/13 Lucia Elizabeth born 4/17/14 at 38w

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    That Dr. is a complete idiot. Your poor DH hugs to you guys.
  • Options
    So sorry dh had to deal with such an insensitive dr. He sounds like an idiot if he believes the only way to contribute to society is to father a bunch of kids, he must be a big fan of the Duggars.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Jesus fvcking Christ.
  • Options
    FFS. What an a$$hat. Sad

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• Options
    Yeah, that doctor sucks.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can't believe that dr said that to YH!!!!  And "what if you want to leave your wife"?!?!  What the fvck is that?!  How incredibly rude - I just can't beleive he would say that!!  I'm so sorry. 

• Options
    Fvck him in his fvking face - what a big douche.  I'm sorry dear. 
  • Options
    What a farking douche!
  • Options

Wow, that was nice and douche-tastic from the Dr.  Rawr. 

I am so sorry you are going through this and the Dr is making it harder.  I have seen you and your DH together and he loves you so much.  It is wonderful!  XOXO, BGP.

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    eff that doctor. argh.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"