March 2011 Moms

Baby Wise, Anyone read it?

If so, what do/did you think of it?

Re: Baby Wise, Anyone read it?

• I followed it loosely with my daughter... with mixed results.  Keeping her on the routine stressed me out, and she slept well at night, but still got up 1-2 times a night to eat.  I'm not doing it with this one... way less stress, and he's sleeping the exact same way at night.  I've decided I'm not a fan of Baby Wise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I read it & liked a lot of what I read. My daughter #1 was crazy & did soooo much better on a schedule though. It depends on the kid. Its worth reading or skimming and trying a few things I think! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used Baby Wise with DS #1 and it worked great. I will be doing it again. I'm all about schedules. It makes life so much easier. DS #1 started sleeping through the night at 2 months, 11pm-8am. Then at 4 months was sleeping from 8pm-8am.  He is now 2.5 and still sleeps about 11 hours at night.  Everyone I know who follows it swears by it.  The key is to be consistent. I def think it's worth reading, even if you don't do it you will learn a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Read it, but didn't love it.  DS had a strong rhythm of his sleeping and eating schedule, so I found following his clues to be much more helpful than me leading the routine.

We ended up using Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  It also kept him pretty flexible when we had to travel.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"