Minnesota Babies

Crib Mattress

Anyone have any advice on crib mattresses? Foam vs. Coil? Where is the best place to get one, etc? We are looking to purchase this weekend.

Re: Crib Mattress

• we got the one from ikea, and a couple of the naturepedic covers. I liked that it didn't have the plastic covering that a lot of the standard ones do, since we couldn't afford the organic ones. 

We've been really happy with it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went with the coil one that Baby Bargains recommended.  I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head.  BRU carried it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought Baby Bargains and have been reading it a lot. We will be getting the mattress coming up soon. Now the next big hurdle is picking out a great, comfy, glider with ottoman and of course a diaper bag. Thoughts?
  • get the reclining glider. I so wish we would have spent the extra for the recline feature. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bought rocking glider chair and ottoman by Best Chairs.  While I love them, if they weren't a gift, I probably wouldn't have spent that much.  It is insanely comfortable though. 

For diaper bags, it depends on how much you want to spend.  For inexpensive, the skip hop sparks sold at Target.  They're way cheaper than the regular skip hops, but you don't lose many of the features.  On the more expensive side, I love my fleurville and OiOi bags.  The regular skiphops are great too. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would say foam mattresses. They are a lot lighter which makes it easier to change linens at 4am when your sleep deprived. The colgate company makes a classica 1 which is great, and they have a not too spendy eco friendly version.
  • We got the Naturpedic 150. We didn't want a ton of nasty chemicals for baby to breathe. We ordered ours online from Land of Nod. We are also using Quick Zip sheets, so we don't have to worry about the weight of the mattress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • We got the Colgate Classica Eco. We've been really happy with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"