Postpartum Depression
Options

nursing/ppd

IDK why I'm even posting anything right now.  My thoughts are quite a bit scattered. I guess it's just to say hi, I'm here.  Again.  DD has been nursing much less since I did Ferber last week (please don't judge.  It works for my family and she's sttn ever since.)  But less nursing and more formula means hormonal craziness for me.  Same thing happened at 4 months when I stopped pumping for ds but I denied it until 6 months when I was suicidal and irrationally thinking my family would be better off without me. I hit a total wall today and started back on my meds.  Wish I didn't have to, but the anxiety, fighting w/ DH, crying, eating and drinking too much has got to stop. 

I feel a little funky/dizzy.  Anyone else feel this the first day on meds?  I'm taking Celexa.  I'm not really being medically supervised though my MWs know I have the meds at home and we made a deal that I'd start them if needed.  Also, is it ok for dd to still nurse some when I'm taking it?  I think I remember that studies are inconclusive. We're pretty close to weaning but I'm not ready to give it up completely.  

I'm also worried that maybe I just had one really bad day or that I'm going to get my first pp period and I'm just pms'ing or something.  Hope I'm not medicating for no reason.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: nursing/ppd

• Options

I'm not taking Celexa (or any depression meds) but am going to talk to my Dr this week.  I used to take Celexa a long time ago.  I'm not sure if that's one of the approved medicines to take while BFing.  I would definitely consult your MW or a Dr about that.  I will say, though, that I had a hard time on Celexa.  It gave me really bad vertigo.  While up and about I would always feel like I was on a boat or something and whenever I would try to lay down I would feel like I was falling.  Apparently it is a very rare side effect of this drug (only a small percentage of people get it, but it is possible.)

If I were you I would talk to a Dr about it.  Hope you feel better! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    toriitorii member
    imageLyssaPie:

I'm not taking Celexa (or any depression meds) but am going to talk to my Dr this week.  I used to take Celexa a long time ago.  I'm not sure if that's one of the approved medicines to take while BFing.  I would definitely consult your MW or a Dr about that.  I will say, though, that I had a hard time on Celexa.  It gave me really bad vertigo.  While up and about I would always feel like I was on a boat or something and whenever I would try to lay down I would feel like I was falling.  Apparently it is a very rare side effect of this drug (only a small percentage of people get it, but it is possible.)

If I were you I would talk to a Dr about it.  Hope you feel better! 

I had the same side effects while taking Celexa for anxiety. I was also constantly on a high to the point I thought I was invincible. Very dangerous.

Please talk to a doctor. Those are scary drugs to be on but I know you just want to feel normal again. I hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"