Parenting after 35
Options

Charlie has RSV!!! :(

My poor little man has been feeling crappy for nearly a month.  This week the nose started running and he developed a rasp in his chest.   RSV!!!   A very, very mild case of it.. but it sent chills down my spine.   Reality--it's a chest cold, but he has a little bit of mucus in his lungs.  So now we have an asthma inhaler and amoxicilin for a slight ear infection.

He's still his happy little self.. just add a runny nose and cough and that ever present projective vomitting at random times.

UGH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charlie has RSV!!! :(

• Options

Poor guy!  Hope he feels better soon.  No breathing treatments just an inhaler? Is it hard getting a toddler to take an inhaler? 

Teagan had RSV and ear infections a couple of weeks ago.  She has bounced back like a champ. 

• Options
    Poor Charlie!  I hope he's on the mend soon.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just the inhaler, really.  We have a little mask to put over his face and a spacer tube, so you just spray the inhaler and let him take a couple of breaths and it gets in his system that way.   Takes two people to hold him down to do it, tho.  NOT fun.

He's had two treatments already and seems a little better.  Should only be a few days before he shakes this.

• Options
    Awww, man!  I hope he gets better soon!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Poor little guy.  I hope he feels better soon.
  • Options
    Awww, I hope the little man is feeling better soon!  Do they have any more ideas on the barfing?!
  • Options

The congestion and snot is making him all mucus-y and he barfs that up, along with everything else.

I forgot to add.. he hasn't gained ANY weight in 2 months, so we're now 7th percentile.   I'm worried about being slapped with that Failure to Thrive label now.

• Options
    Hope he feels better. How is his appetite (when he is well)?
  • Options

Appetite?  What's that?  This kid will not eat anything voluntarily, except for oyster crackers, goldfish and grapes--sometimes.

It's been a struggle with him since Day One.

ARGH.. can you tell we just "finished" lunch??!

• Options
    Yeah, I think RSV strikes fear into the hearts of us all. I am glad he is better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"