Two Under 2
Options

Putting toddler in/out of crib while pregnant?

I am not there yet, but I know in a few months it will be difficult for me to do this.  I usually lay DS right down into his crib when I put him down.  When he wakes he stands right up and it isn't a problem.  I am just curious what others who are much farther along have done about this.  I am guessing I would just put him in standing up, but I kind of feel bad doing that, b/c I also put him in his sleep sack right in his crib before saying good night.  TIA for any input!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Putting toddler in/out of crib while pregnant?

• Options
    Do what you are most comfortable with...Towards the very, very end...it will be hard to actually lay him down but you can still do it. Don't worry about it until you are actually there...ya know?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you.  I am certainly not worried, I was more just curious as it occurred to me this morning that it may become an issue.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was never an issue for me, I was able to lay him down all the way to the end.  It might also help that I'm almost 6ft so with that comes long arms!
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I put him in standing up at bedtime and he is fine.  Well, actually... DH does it most of the time but DS doesn't have a problem being put in there standing so that makes it easier if I ever do have to do it.

However, he still wakes up in the early morning (like 4:00 or 5:00) and I rock him back to drowsiness.  At that point, I put him back in his crib laying down and THAT gets tricky, lol.  But, honestly, I think it's harder for me to get up from the glider with him than it is to lay him in his crib.  I just try to stretch my arms down as far as I can and sort of stand at an angle.  It's a little awkward and a little straining.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

To be honest, I dont really remember what I did. But I know it wasnt really an issue. I am sure it wasnt as easy as when I didnt have a belly, but I dont remember it being a big problem either. I am sure you will do just fine. Smile

• Options

I still managed to lay L down in her crib up until C was born. If DH was home, sure I preferred him to do it, but it wasn't a huge deal if I was the only one there and had to lay her down.

Those were the good ol' days when I could lay L down, and then get some rest myself....

• Options

You just kind of get used to how to move around your bump again :)  I'm only 5'2, and I can still get him in the crib.  The only difference is that now, instead of having his head at my shoulder and laying him down that way, I have one hand under his head and one under his butt, laying flat on the way down.  I don't have to bend as low to do it that way, and I stand slightly at an angle so where I do hit the crib, it's on my side and not belly pressure. 

That's the best way I can describe it.  Just know it's still possible :)  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    I had to just put her in standing up at the end.  Sucks, but what can you do?
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    imageAutumnBride929:

I put him in standing up at bedtime and he is fine.  Well, actually... DH does it most of the time but DS doesn't have a problem being put in there standing so that makes it easier if I ever do have to do it.

However, he still wakes up in the early morning (like 4:00 or 5:00) and I rock him back to drowsiness.  At that point, I put him back in his crib laying down and THAT gets tricky, lol.  But, honestly, I think it's harder for me to get up from the glider with him than it is to lay him in his crib.  I just try to stretch my arms down as far as I can and sort of stand at an angle.  It's a little awkward and a little straining.

This exactly!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 5'3" and am just starting to have difficulty with this. DD doesn't like being put into her crib standing yet (she seems to think it's playtime when we do this), so I just kind of stand at an angle on my tiptoes and lay her down. She's always standing when I go to get her out of the crib in the morning, so that's not a problem.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm 5'1" and 40 weeks pregnant this Wednesday. DD#1 weighs 25 lbs and I am still able to lean over the crib to put her down. I think it depends by the crib you have too though. We recently switched her into a new room and new crib and the old crib I would have some troubles.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"