Long Island Babies

St. Catherine's in Smithtown

Anyone deliver there or know anyone that delivered there? I am having my little girl there and I don't know anyone who had a baby there. Do they do tours?? Thanks!!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: St. Catherine's in Smithtown

• My niece just had a baby there in July and had a wonderful experience .i amsure they give tours give te hosp. a call and inquire a tour is always a great idea .Good Luck !!
  • I'm delivery there is June...I just called today and they do tours here is the # 631-862-3128.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i delivered there in december and had a great experience. with the exception of one or two kind of  gruff night nurses, all of the PP nurses were fantastic and they took good care of my LO in the nursery as well. they don't have private rooms, but it wasn't busy when i was there so i had a room meant for 3 beds all to myself till about an hour before we were discharged. the food is pretty decent as far as hospital food goes and you can just go help yourself to the fridge full of sherbert and water ice all day long is you want...those were yummy.

if you are planning to BF, Jennifer the LC there is amazing! she was on vacation when i gave birth unfortunately, but i ended up going to her lactation support group a couple of weeks later and really learned a lot.

• Thanks ladies!!! Great news that it is awesome there!!! Thanks for the phone number too!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They are renovating in the next month to make all rooms private so depending on when you delivery you might have the new rooms...I called yesterday for a tour and the lady that answered was so nice, she said to just call after 7 any night and if they aren't busy you can go down and have the tour.
  • I will be delivering my baby there too in May. I had to  make an unexpected hospital visit and everyone was so nice. It really helped all my fears....
  • I'm fairly certain St. Catherine's has the highest C-Section rate on Long Island (it's over 50%, as per the NYS Dept of Health website). Obviously that's more a doctor decision than a hospital decision, but it's something worth discussing with your OB/midwife. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"