Orange County Babies

Looking for Preschool in OC -Where do I Start??>

I have no idea where to begin.  I've been doing some google research but that really doesn't tell me much.

We want to move DS to a preschool from in-home daycare this fall.  We are in Newport but can go to Irvine, Costa Mesa, Lake Forest or Tustin.

Need a full-time school too.

Do you have an recommendations or websites?

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking for Preschool in OC -Where do I Start??>

• Do you know what type of a school you want?  Religious based? Academic? Play based? Montessori? Child Centered?

There are TONS of schools in the areas you are looking.  

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Prefer Non-Religious and not a child center like Kinder-Care or Tutor Time.  

I've heard mixed feedback on Montessori so I'd have to do more research on those.

Propbably a good combination of academic & play based.

• Loading the player...
  • I should have prefaced this with I own a preschool.  I am not here to solicit you into my school by any means, but as many of the gals on here can tell you, I'm usually pretty helpful on helping with research.

Not sure what your range is for what you want to pay in tuition.  Newport/Irvine is going to be your most expensive areas.

In the Newport area you might want to look at Newport Child Development Center. 

In Tustin there are several, depending where in Tustin you want to look ... on my side of Tustin (more North Tustin area) there's Learning Village, Adventure's in Learning, Plumfield Pre-School, Aldersgate (is Church affiliated) and I believe there are some good Montessori schools in there too.

Irvine is difficult.  I know there is a good center down by UCI, I want to say it's called the UCI Child Development Center but I could be wrong.  My neighbor is moving to Irvine next month and I've been trying to help her look in the area, but we're looking more the 5 freeway side.  There isn't much that has availability.

Tustin Ranch has the Salvation Army's preschool called Creator's Corner.  It went through a director change about 2.5 years ago, but I know some families there now that are happy.

I'm not sure on schools in Costa Mesa, but I believe some of the ladies here have children in schools in that area.

If I can be of any more help, please let me know!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thank you so much for all the feedback!

Newport Child Dev. Center does not offer full days.  I need something till at least 5pm.

I think the Tustin area is too far north unfortunately.  Looks like there are some good schools up there.

Going to narrow it down to Costa Mesa (close to my work) and Lake Forest (close to DH's work).

I'll do a separate post for Costa Mesa/Lake Forest school recs.

Thank you!!!!!!!   

• I've been most impressed with the preschools at the community colleges.
  • I saw your post about preschools and I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts/opinions on preschools in Tustin. We live in North Tustin (17th/Hewes) and my little boy is 9 months. I am beginning to research now, but for the future (2yrs +) since I know that some schools have long waiting lists.

I have also been looking into small home daycare situations for next school year, but they are SCARY! If you know of any high quality places, please share.Thank you so much in advance for any info you have!

Jaime

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"