Military Families
Options

Just wondering...

Hello ladies,

For those of you who have taken your maternity pics... did you guys take any with your hubbies military uniform (camies)... I did today for my shoot and I am so excited on how they came out... I loved it!!!!  Just wanted to know if you guys did to or to give you guys un idea if you havent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just wondering...

• Options
    Do you mean with him in uniform or you were wearing his uniform?
  • Options
    me wearing the uniform with cover...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesaraid2426:

I thought that was against the law. Maybe not.

I didn't have any professional pics done. I had hubby take pics of me on all the even number weeks.

• Options
    I believe it is against the code of conduct...I would be cautious of who sees those pics Indifferent
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options
    NSLNSL member

imagesaraid2426:

Tongue Tied

• Options

imagesaraid2426:

Sorry, but you haven't earned the right to wear the uniform. That statement may make you and a few others angry, but that's too bad. If you want to wear the uniform, you should join in the military.

• Options

I didn't have my DHs b/c he's overseas but I had my brother's old one so I wore that.  Just so when ppl look at them they know her daddy was serving.  Mine turned out really nice!  Here's one...

• Options
    You do realize this can have consequences for your DH, right? If you want to take private pictures for your DH, then more power to you. However, if someone other than your DH sees them, he can get into trouble. I don't personally see the appeal of these photos either. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLissa832:
    You do realize this can have consequences for your DH, right? If you want to take private pictures for your DH, then more power to you. However, if someone other than your DH sees them, he can get into trouble. I don't personally see the appeal of these photos either. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

This.

• Options
    And I'm on the other side of this.....no, I did not take any pictures in my husbands uniforms nor did I take any in my old uniforms. But really? You really think she's going to get her husband into trouble for taking some pictures in his uniform? From my experience in (and with) the military, commanders have far more important things to worry about than whether a spouse takes innocent photos in her husbands uniform. She's not trying to impersonate a service member, she's not standing on the corner picketing something, she's not wearing it to the commissary (like so many spouses wear PT uniforms, jackets, etc), and I'm sure she's not going to be selling these photos so I'm a veteran who is not offended that she took some artistic photos in a uniform.
  • Options

imageArmyQM:
    And I'm on the other side of this.....no, I did not take any pictures in my husbands uniforms nor did I take any in my old uniforms. But really? You really think she's going to get her husband into trouble for taking some pictures in his uniform? From my experience in (and with) the military, commanders have far more important things to worry about than whether a spouse takes innocent photos in her husbands uniform. She's not trying to impersonate a service member, she's not standing on the corner picketing something, she's not wearing it to the commissary (like so many spouses wear PT uniforms, jackets, etc), and I'm sure she's not going to be selling these photos so I'm a veteran who is not offended that she took some artistic photos in a uniform.

agree with this!! There are far worst she could be doing! Around here we have tons of army/navy stores that civilians can go into and buy old uniforms, also spouses can go to the uniform shop and buy anything they want.  I was always under the impression, that as long as there was no rank or name on it, it was fine. And since you can't see any of that in this picture, I really don't see the issue...

• Options
    imagelifestooshort128:

imageArmyQM:

agree with this!! There are far worst she could be doing! Around here we have tons of army/navy stores that civilians can go into and buy old uniforms, also spouses can go to the uniform shop and buy anything they want.  I was always under the impression, that as long as there was no rank or name on it, it was fine. And since you can't see any of that in this picture, I really don't see the issue...

Thank you!!! My hubby has been with the military for 13 years and I know the rules... This is all for fun and something that we both wanted to do for us only... Thank you ladies for understanding...

• Options

imageArmyQM:

I agree.

While it's not in my personal taste, I see nothing wrong with the photos. Like PP said, she's not trying to impersonate a servicemember...she's taking maternity photos that few will see beyond her family. To say that her husband will get in trouble over the shots is a bit ridiculous and extreme.

DH's former commander's wife wore her husband's flight suit to Spouse Flight one year. Again, not something *I* would do personally, but clearly her husband didn't reprimand himself for what she wore. They have far more important things to worry about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageArmyQM:

Agree.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't see a problem with it. Not something I would do, personally. However, DD has one of DH's old patrol caps that she wears for dress up at home and I have a good friend who wore her husband's flight suit (w/o rank and name) as a Halloween costume. I see nothing wrong with those. I've seen people at Walmart in ACU pants (I don't get why, but they can), I've seen wives at the commissary wearing parts of their H's uniforms and I wear DH's old PTs for pjs. So what? I'm not parading around saying I'm a soldier.

I bet they're cute pictures though :)

• Options
    imagesaraid2426:
    imagelifestooshort128:

imageArmyQM:

Thank you!!! My hubby has been with the military for 13 years and I know the rules... This is all for fun and something that we both wanted to do for us only... Thank you ladies for understanding...

Yea, if actors can wear the full uniform, don't you dare feel bad that you wore his blouse and cover. I have worn my DH's blouse and cover for sexy pics for him before.

I don't think I will take any for maternity, but I will probably do the newborn pics with the baby in a basket lined with his blouse.

Is my baby gonna get DH NJP'd?

imageimage
  • Options
    imageGreenFlamingo7:

imagesaraid2426:

Sorry, but you haven't earned the right to wear the uniform. That statement may make you and a few others angry, but that's too bad. If you want to wear the uniform, you should join in the military.

this!
    Born at 39 weeks.
    Wyatt "Baby A" 6lbs13ozs 19in.
    Grayden "Baby B" 6lbs8ozs 20in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry, but I have to snicker at the pp since her siggy pic is of her kids wearing camo. Please enlighten me as to the difference.
  • Options

imageArmyQM:
    Sorry, but I have to snicker at the pp since her siggy pic is of her kids wearing camo. Please enlighten me as to the difference.

I'm not stating my opinion in this debate one way or another, but if you can't see the huge difference between babies wearing camo print onesies, and a grown woman wearing a service member's actual uniform... you are blind. 

• Options
    imageleslie13510:

imageArmyQM:

I'm not stating my opinion in this debate one way or another, but if you can't see the huge difference between babies wearing camo print onesies, and a grown woman wearing a service member's actual uniform... you are blind. 

Get me a cane and dog.
  • Options
    imageArmyQM:
    imageleslie13510:

imageArmyQM:

Get me a cane and dog.

::whittles a cane from a tree branch::

I don't have access to a service dog so you'll have to settle for either my 9 pound yorkie-mutt or my 90 pound lab.  I warn you the lab gets excited very easily.

• Options
    Oh FFS people some of you have some serious sticks up their butt. It makes me wonder if you're really this tightly wound IRL or just like to be high and mighty on here. I personally didn't take any either. Speaking of the booty I hope all the goody two shoes are following all the rules https://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm125.htm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageanabell0920:
    Oh FFS people some of you have some serious sticks up their butt. It makes me wonder if you're really this tightly wound IRL or just like to be high and mighty on here. I personally didn't take any either. Speaking of the booty I hope all the goody two shoes are following all the rules https://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm125.htm

Yes

I ran this by my husband. He thinks ya'll are over-reacting.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:

imageanabell0920:

Yes

I ran this by my husband. He thinks ya'll are over-reacting.

Big Smile

• Options

Personally, I think the whole "spouse in uniform" for maternity pics is pretty silly and kind of lame, but it's not even on my radar when it comes to being offended. My primary emotion when I see that kind of thing is embarrassment for the spouse involved. Don't even get me started on the in-uniform boudoir pics.

IMO, a maternity pic wearing a blouse and hat is just no big deal. It's not the same as impersonating a servicemember, which IS illegal. I've been to more than one dining out where spouses were actually encouraged by base leadership to wear a blouse/uniform, sans rank.

The only thing that pisses me off is when a spouse thinks it would be totally cute to get some pics with their servicemember's dogtags and you can see the SSAN plain as day.

• Options
    imagesaraid2426:
    imagelifestooshort128:

imageArmyQM:

I agree. There is a huge difference between impersonating a soldier (or cop or whatever) when you clearly have not earned the right to wear the uniform, and taking an artistic photo paying homage to DH when he can't be there in the maternity shots because he's in effing Iraq. Or training.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
  • Options
    imagelifestooshort128:

imageArmyQM:

Agree! As long as there is no name and rank, anyone one can wear a uniform.  They sell uniforms at Army/Navy stores to civilians all the time.  I thought it was a very cute and creative way to incorporate your DH into the picture when he couldn't be there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"