Boston Babies
Options

Where can I pump in Boston?

I'm attending a conference in Boston in April at the Hynes Convention Center and I need to figure out how I'm going to pump during the day since I dont think I'll be able to logistically drive into the city and park somewhere (will probably take the T from outside of the city)...do you think a hotel would allow me to use a room to pump? anyone ever need to find somewhere to pump in Boston? or know of a place near the convention center?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've earned $55 in Amazon gift cards just for using the swagbucks search engine...ready to start earning free stuff? Click my referral link below!

Search & Win

Re: Where can I pump in Boston?

• Options
    Can't you just pump in the bathroom at the convention center?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

imagecvl105:

I think this would be both difficult and uncomfortable, not to mention dirty to use a regular public restroom.  I am assuming you will not be using a manual, but will want to plug it in, correct?  I would maybe call the Convention Center and see if you can talk to a nice woman who might be able to help you find a place.  When I was at a wedding at a convention center (not Hynes) they got a few of us who were pumping a small breakout room to pump in that we were able to lock and have privacy.

I'm not sure about whether the hotels will let you use a room, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Otherwise, you could use the ladies lounge in Lord and Taylor or one of the department stores in the Pru, as they will most likely have a couch, etc. where you can sit comfortably.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedbos99:

imagecvl105:

I think this would be both difficult and uncomfortable, not to mention dirty to use a regular public restroom.  I am assuming you will not be using a manual, but will want to plug it in, correct?  I would maybe call the Convention Center and see if you can talk to a nice woman who might be able to help you find a place.  When I was at a wedding at a convention center (not Hynes) they got a few of us who were pumping a small breakout room to pump in that we were able to lock and have privacy.

I'm not sure about whether the hotels will let you use a room, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Otherwise, you could use the ladies lounge in Lord and Taylor or one of the department stores in the Pru, as they will most likely have a couch, etc. where you can sit comfortably.

Good luck! 

Yah, I tried pumping in a regular public restroom (not private and I was pumping and dumping) when I was still nursing my first daughter and it was SO AWKWARD and uncomfortable and I only did it long enough to take the soreness away since I was away from her all day that day....my sister was with me and she was telling me how people were looking around like "WTF is that noise and what is that person doing in there?!!" ya know? yah cant do that again...plus this time I need to save the BM, I'm not dumping it and its not very sanitary to do that in a public restroom...ANYWAY...thanks for the recs dbos, I will give the convention center a call and if not L&T is a great idea!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've earned $55 in Amazon gift cards just for using the swagbucks search engine...ready to start earning free stuff? Click my referral link below!

Search & Win
  • Options
    Try calling ISIS in the pru, they are a baby store with classes and are very breast feeding friendly. They have a couch but it is in the store, I have breast fed there before. Not sure about pumping, they do have a bathroom, it would not be weird if someone came in. They have rooms for baby classes and massages maybe if you called and asked to speak with someone they would see they had any empty rooms at that time. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"