Houston Babies
Options

Tell me about your Pack N Play

I sold the PNP that I had for G because we all hated it, so now I'm in the market for one for the new guy. We had the Chicco and I passionately hated the changing table contraption.

What PNP do you have, and why do you like it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tell me about your Pack N Play

• Options
    We have a Chicco which is okay, but I think it's "challenging" to fold/unfold.  My parents got a relatively inexpensive Graco, and it seems much easier to fold/unfold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a Graco and it's super easy to set up/break down.  My ILs were amazed when I first brought it to their house.

There is also a diaper changing station, which we used for a long time - it kind of leaned, but i liked it for the most part.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKNJepp:
    We have a Chicco which is okay, but I think it's "challenging" to fold/unfold.  My parents got a relatively inexpensive Graco, and it seems much easier to fold/unfold.

That was another issue I had with it. Total PITA to fold and unfold and I hated that in order for G to (not) sleep in it I had to remove the changing table.

• Options

Evan used our Graco Pack N Play until he was almost 4 months old and we liked it. It was easy to fold up, which we didn't do since he was in it daily, but you sill had to remove the changing station for him to sleep in the bassinett. That wasn't really an issue for us at first because he slept in the Newborn Napper part.

They say babies shouldn't "sleep" in the Newborn Napper, but at that age there isn't a difference between napping and sleeping. When he was sleeping longer (5+ hours) we started putting him in the bassinett attachment and had to start removing the changing station. When he was sleeping 8+ hours we moved him to his crib. At least the changing station was easy to remove. 

I was just looking on Babies R Us to see if I could fild ours, and I found this one that looks even better. The "napper" part is now removeable so you can carry the baby around in it from room to room. That is awesome. Wish I would have had that.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

We had a Graco and it was wonderful. Super easy to fold and unfold and we used it for the changing table in our master for long after she was done sleeping in it. We actually just put it in storage too. It had been sitting upstairs in the gameroom for months (along with the swing and exersaucer). I couldn't decide if I was selling them or saving for baby 2.

edit - we didn't have to remove the changing table on ours to use the bassinet or for any other reason. This is the one we have. 

• Options
    imageSigmundsGirl:

Evan used our Graco Pack N Play until he was almost 4 months old and we liked it. It was easy to fold up, which we didn't do since he was in it daily, but you sill had to remove the changing station for him to sleep in the bassinett. That wasn't really an issue for us at first because he slept in the Newborn Napper part.

They say babies shouldn't "sleep" in the Newborn Napper, but at that age there isn't a difference between napping and sleeping. When he was sleeping longer (5+ hours) we started putting him in the bassinett attachment and had to start removing the changing station. When he was sleeping 8+ hours we moved him to his crib. At least the changing station was easy to remove. 

I was just looking on Babies R Us to see if I could fild ours, and I found this one that looks even better. The "napper" part is now removeable so you can carry the baby around in it from room to room. That is awesome. Wish I would have had that.

We have a Graco. Matt slept in his napper too . We never used the bassinet or changing table attachments though. The bassinet part was too noisy, he was a light sleeper.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we ditched our PnP for the Rock N Play and just changed her on our bed/floor.  Eliza slept so much better in the RNP than she ever slept in the PNP
  • Options

imagekat.in.the.hat:
    we ditched our PnP for the Rock N Play and just changed her on our bed/floor.  Eliza slept so much better in the RNP than she ever slept in the PNP

I thought about that too. But I'm worried about how sturdy/low to the ground it is. With a 2 yr old and 200 lbs of dog, I'm afraid that one of them being curious and trying to look at or sniff the baby they'll knock it over. Thoughts?

• Options
    imageKimmer123:

imagekat.in.the.hat:

I thought about that too. But I'm worried about how sturdy/low to the ground it is. With a 2 yr old and 200 lbs of dog, I'm afraid that one of them being curious and trying to look at or sniff the baby they'll knock it over. Thoughts?

Nora's pretty big and she never tipped it over or anything. Its actually pretty darn sturdy. If anything I have hit it pretty hard. Cajun is borrowing mine right now but after she is done you can borrow mine.

Actually I have one I bought for Olivia's DCP that I can let you borrow if you want to try it out.

Its awesome. 

• Options
    imageKimmer123:

Marion would peek in it and rock it rather aggressively at times, but the novelty wore off.  The pups were curious, but that's all.  It's hard to actually knock over, not hard to rock, but really hard to tip.

• Options
    I have the Graco PNP with Bassinet and changing table.  I still use it (well not the bassinet part).  We did use the PNP with bassinet in our room until DD was 3-4 mos and now I use it in our room downstairs just to contain her and sometimes to change her.  It's super easy to travel with.  I've done it myself many times :)
  • Options
    imageerica_kaspar:
    imageKimmer123:

imagekat.in.the.hat:

Nora's pretty big and she never tipped it over or anything. Its actually pretty darn sturdy. If anything I have hit it pretty hard. Cajun is borrowing mine right now but after she is done you can borrow mine.

Actually I have one I bought for Olivia's DCP that I can let you borrow if you want to try it out.

Its awesome. 

We have a Graco that we like, but neither boys really slept in it.  The changing station flips closed so it doesn't need to be removed for the bassinet to be used.  Dylan was in his crib right away, and Braylon is hooked on the RNP.  Dylan likes to rock it pretty agressively but has never been able to knock it over.  Seems very hard to flip it.  Erica - thank you so much for letting me borrow this!  I wonder if we'll ever be able to get Braylon out of it!  He loves it!

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCajun_gal:
    imageerica_kaspar:
    imageKimmer123:

imagekat.in.the.hat:

Its awesome. 

We have a Graco that we like, but neither boys really slept in it.  The changing station flips closed so it doesn't need to be removed for the bassinet to be used.  Dylan was in his crib right away, and Braylon is hooked on the RNP.  Dylan likes to rock it pretty agressively but has never been able to knock it over.  Seems very hard to flip it.  Erica - thank you so much for letting me borrow this!  I wonder if we'll ever be able to get Braylon out of it!  He loves it!

you will I promise. you saw me wonder if she would be hooked forever on it. Now she actually prefers her crib over anything. She wanted more room to roll and play. Have no fear he will make the transition when he is ready. 

• Options

We had the Chicco and really DH liked the color more than anything.  I never used the changing table part of it.  We had DS sleeping in it for two weeks in the beginning and after that, we only use it when we're in a hotel or something.  Both parents have the Graco PNP (the cheaper one from WM) and it is super easy to use.

We had no use for the changing table, but I can see it being a PITA.  I think maybe I used it once when we were OOT for a full weekend, but it wasn't a big deal for us.  I find it pretty easy to put up and take down, but every once in a while I have issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"