Illinois Babies
Options

Are you the first?

Is anyone else the first of their friends to get pregnant? Outside of my SIL, NONE of my close friends have had babies. In fact, none of them are even close to considering it! Of course they are all thrilled for me, but I'm worried about maintaining strong relationships with them and not having anyone who can relate to what I'm going through. We're in our mid to late 20's at this point. Have you gone through this? How did it work out for you?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you the first?

• Options

Out of my close friends that live in the area, I have 2 that are pregnant now (one is 2 weeks earlier than me/the other is due in May), but the others are no where near it. Its already come up with the non-PG friends. Some feel left out or aren't near being able to have it themselves (but they want it). Its a tricky one. I am trying to act like nothing has changed, so still making plans to do the usual stuff. I am keeping the PG talk and baby banter to a minimum with them. Once LO is here, things will definitely be different, so I'm just trying to keep it to "business as usual" for as long as I can.

Even though all I want to do is nest... read PG books.... talk about every little symptom... make plans for LO.  :-D

• Options
    I have distant friends with kids, but all my local friends are single with no kids.  I already felt the distance when I got married as all the "single" gals would go out together without me (they never heard of a wing-woman).  With a baby I expect it to get worse and just hope to see them when I can and make new friends with kids as I do mom things.  Only a really close single friend may stay strong. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"