3rd Trimester
Options

Any stretches or positions to get baby out of my ribs?

I don't recall ever having this issue with my son, but holy cow...get out of my ribs baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any stretches or positions to get baby out of my ribs?

• Options
    The only thing that works for me is standing up for a while.  She seems to settle in a little lower when I do this, but then my feet hurt.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When DH and I went to our Infant Care Class the lady running it said to put something cold (a waterbottle or ice pack) over the spot that you wanted LO away from and they will most likley move. Don't put heat because they tend to move towards the heat.

GOOD LUCK!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This baby has a favorite spot.  My right rib... and the ultrasounds confirm it.  Try poking her/him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter has both feet in my left ribs, and she's keeping them there, no matter what mommy thinks about it.
  • Options
    I lay on the opposite side and GENTLY push him. Doesn't always work (and if I stop pushing, he goes right back), but nothing else I've tried has worked at all.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    For me this works nearly every time. I just get on my hands and knees and do some pelvic rocks. I find this moves him from just about every uncomfortable position. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"