Pregnant after a Loss

When do/did your nipples get darker?

Just curious. Does this always happen to everyone or is it just something that can happen?

Mine look exactly the same, but I'm only 9 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do/did your nipples get darker?

• I'm still waiting...

Sometimes I notice they are different, then they are back to normal after a bit.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• LOL, well, mine never got really dark. Darker, yes, and bigger, but never to the extent that I see other people talking about. And they went back to normal after I stopped nursing. But mine always started changing slightly even before BFP, it was a "sighn" for me. It got more noticeable around the 2nd trimester though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Loading the player...
  • I started noticing difference around 20ish weeks. before that, just larger, but now for sure darker.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • I'm kind of fascinated with the idea, I am so pale and I cannot imagine myself with brown nipples, I will look like a different person! I keep checking to see if they look different but so far still super light. My areolas are already huge Embarrassed so I'm hoping they don't get any bigger!
  • imagemlmtgg:
    I started noticing difference around 20ish weeks. before that, just larger, but now for sure darker.

This.  I looked in the mirror one day and thought, whose boobs are those?  

• This is TMI, but my nipples are dark to start with (dark brown).  They actually got lighter pink in middle due to all the stretching. My nipples are huge in size, but no change in boob size.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageitsmegin:
    I'm kind of fascinated with the idea, I am so pale and I cannot imagine myself with brown nipples, I will look like a different person! I keep checking to see if they look different but so far still super light. My areolas are already huge Embarrassed so I'm hoping they don't get any bigger!

OK, I am about to get really close and cozy here :) 

I am pale too, and my nipples are very light pink. They never turned brown, rather they got purple.  You probably will be the same. I think to get the dark brown ones you need brown ones to start :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Mine have just now over the past week or so gotten a slight bit darker. There's yet to be a signicant change though.
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • imageGummybear:

imageitsmegin:
    I'm kind of fascinated with the idea, I am so pale and I cannot imagine myself with brown nipples, I will look like a different person! I keep checking to see if they look different but so far still super light. My areolas are already huge Embarrassed so I'm hoping they don't get any bigger!

I am pale too, and my nipples are very light pink. They never turned brown, rather they got purple.  You probably will be the same. I think to get the dark brown ones you need brown ones to start :P

Clearly we're past the up close and personal stage when I'm telling you how big my areolas are Wink

I'm thinking this will be me, there's no brown there to begin with, but who knows.

• imagemlmtgg:
    I started noticing difference around 20ish weeks. before that, just larger, but now for sure darker.
    . This
  • Mine seem to change colors daily. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Thanks for posting I was totally wondering this myself!
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • I don't know. I think they may have gotten darker (I'm 22w). But I really don't know. DH hasn't mentioned it either.

I was light brown to begin with. Maybe now I'm light/medium brown?

In hindsight, I should have taken a pic of them in first tri, and then used that to compare.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• :: butting in from ttcal :: I have more pale skin and areolas are lighter in skin color as well. When I was pregnant with my DDs they never got really really dark. Just a little darker than what they were before pregnancy. I have big areolas too and they got pretty big during pregnancy and were huge when I was nursing. Fortunately after they shrunk back to normal size (actually smaller than pre-pregnancy, so did my areolas).
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Somewhere in the second tri for me.  I'm trying to remember exactly when.  Maybe 16 weeks?  It was at the point where my m/s had finally subsided and I no longer felt pregnant, so it must have been after 16 weeks.  Don't get freaked out though if they change and then change back.  Mine did that for a while and it scared me. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Mine never did when pregnant with DS or nursing. Maybe a little, but nothing dramatic.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageitsmegin:
    imageGummybear:

imageitsmegin:

Clearly we're past the up close and personal stage when I'm telling you how big my areolas are Wink

I'm thinking this will be me, there's no brown there to begin with, but who knows.

So I'm as pale as they come naturally, but I do tan well and don't burn so while my arms might be dark my bb's are as white as white can be.   My areolas were big to begin with and at some point they turned a medium brown.  They're not super dark though.  I don't really know when it happened, but it's been than way for the last month or so that I've noticed.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"