Illinois Babies
Options

prenatal yoga in NW suburbs?

Hey all! I'm a certified yoga teacher currently teaching classes in Niles. I'm thinking of starting a prenatal yoga class this summer. To cut some costs I'm probably just going to host classes from my home in Arlington Heights. That way we could make classes by donation, somewhere around the $5 range but all donations are welcome because all goes toward the little peanut & I understand we're all in similar positions! Most studios require a $15-25 booking fee per hour so this way we can keep the cost down. Would anyone be interested in joining?  Obviously don't need a solid commitment yet just seeing if its a possibility. I am moving into a bigger space in May so would probably wait until June to start classes. I do yoga everyday and cannot tell you how much it has changed my life around, what better way to bring a calm energy into your life and peacefully connect with your baby than with prenatal yoga?? The breathing techniques we practice are very similar to those in lamaze classes. Taught a friend last year who had a high risk pregnancy, developed diabetes and preeclampsia and she swears that prenatal yoga saved her and her baby's life.

Pregnancy Ticker
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: prenatal yoga in NW suburbs?

• Options
    I had sone bad sciatic nerve pain shooting down my legs and through my tailbone when I was pregnant and I believe yoga helped it and made it go away. I was in a regular yoga class during most of my pregnancy which I was in pre-pregnancy and my instructor just gave me tips on how to modify moves and which ones I should do when I was feeling a certain way it was great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pp709pp709 member
    June would be a little bit late for me, but maybe if you did Mommy & Baby yoga classes down the road, I'd consider it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in Mount Prospect and due in October.  I would be interested in joining.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"