Cincinnati Babies
Options

Birthday party menu help

O's birthday party is sneaking up on me and I don't feel prepared! His party has a baseball/Reds theme. I need help with menu suggestions! I feel like my plan is kind of ....blah. So far I've got:

hot dogs and brats/metts (if the weather is nice enough to grill!)  What do I do if it's not?

nachos (?)

popcorn (blah)

soft pretzel bites

cole slaw/macaroni salad

I'm going to make cupcakes and use licorice or icing to make them look like baseballs

beer, lemonade, tea

Suggestions? More exciting ideas? 

image Ready to rumble.

Re: Birthday party menu help

• Options

I like the idea of a nacho bar.  That could be fun!  You could have all the toppings needed: salsa, jalepenos, chicken/beef, cheese sauce, etc.

Coney dogs (maybe if the weather isn't nice enough to grill)

Pulled pork sandwiches (if the weather isn't nice enough)

Pizza (if the weather isn't nice enough)

I will keep thinking!

And I am sure you hear this all of the time, but ONE?  Really?  When did that happen?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

After reading a magazine article the other day, I was thinking how fun it would be to throw a backyard gourmet hot-dog party. Have all the fixings to make Chicago style dogs (dragged through the garden), New York dogs (mustard, sauerkraut, sweet onions), and Cincinnati style chili dogs. Maybe the variations would make your menu feel a little more substantial.

I think the rest of your menu sounds yummy. Love the theme!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great ideas! Perhaps we will do some mini corndogs. Just because I love them. :-) And the gourmet toppings, great suggestion!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    I like the gourmet dog toppings idea for your party.  Another idea since you're having a Reds theme would be to do a variety of Cinci themed foods, or focus on one... LaRosa's pizza, Skyline Chili Coney/3-way bar, etc.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    Has nothing to do with food, but Party City has a bunch of Reds/baseball plates, napkins etc... When I had my sister's shower I did a sports theme and got a bunch of baseball stuff from there.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like all of the previously mentioned ideas. Seriously, we totally *gave up* and served pizza for J's 2nd birthday party. Therefore, I am no help.
  • Options

*Rice Krispie Baseballs: First follow the Rice Krispie recipe on the box. Then shape the mixture into balls, instead of pressing it into a pan. Serve with carrotstick or breadstick "bats."

*Hotdogs
    *Brats
    *Meatballs
    *Burgers
    *Peanuts
    *Popcorn
    *Licorice
    *Cracker Jacks
    *Nachos
    *Cotton Candy
    *Sundaes

• Options

We did Brady's birthday and had some of the same things - we had some mini baby ruths and I did the rice krispies flat on a stick with icing and licorice as the favor   pics here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"