Phoenix Babies
Options

Relocating to Phoenix soon, visiting this week. ??? for you

Hey Ladies!! DH and I have decided that we would like to love to the Phoenix area but to make 100% sure, we are visiting next week to explore neighborhoods, jobs, culinary school for me, and school for DD1. DD1 will be going into kindergarten next year so school is important to us. DD2 is 3 months old. We will be doing some exploring with a realtor and seeing a friend along with the other things we will be doing but we would also like to include some fun vacation activities.

Do you have any suggestions for me? We will be there from Friday through Thursday this coming week. We were thinking the zoo because DD1 LOVES animals, possibly a tour around Phoenix..... What do you think?

Anything we HAVE to do?? Thanks!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Relocating to Phoenix soon, visiting this week. ??? for you

• Options

The Children's Museum downtown is fabulous.  I can't say enough nice things about it.  

In what part of the valley are you looking?  

As a teacher I can recommend several school districts, and specific schools if you PM me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The thing that I find interesting about the school system in Arizona (as opposed to my home states of Nebraska/Iowa) is that there are a lot of charter schools here.  These schools may or may not charge for tuition - even for full day kindergarten. There are quite a few of them and they can offer different emphasis than the public schools may offer. Like any school - public, private or charter - some are hit and miss so be sure to investigate which is right for your child.

As for fun things to do, the Desert Botanical Garden - which is right next to the zoo - has a butterfly exhibit going on.  There is also the Aquarium at Arizona Mills Mall which could be fun.  https://www.visitsealife.com/Arizona/

Also, the Phoenix Metro Area is HUGE.  Its about 75 miles east to west (Apache Junction to Buckeye), and 60 Miles North to South (Anthem to Maricopa).  So it might be better to focus on a City/burb.   The thing that I think is weird about Phoenix is how spotty it is.  There are pockets of scary neighborhoods mixed in with pockets of nice neighborhoods - especially as you get closer to the city center and in the older parts of the city, so its very difficult to judge a location based on its name. (for example - you can't say "oh, Scottsdale is nice" because there are some seriously sketchy parts of Scottsdale.) I'm sure you'll find the place that's just right for you!  We did and absolutely love it!  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just went to the aquarium at the mall and it was way to expensive. World Wildlife Zoo has a better aquarium but its really far out.

North Phoenix and Peoria are my favorite areas and then downtown on central ave if you are loaded is awesome!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"