March 2011 Moms
Options

Ughhh Clothing!

NOTHING fits!!! My pregnancy shirts show the bottom of my belly but I only have 2 weeks to go and don't feel like buying anything maternity. I'm SO frusterated!!! I'm like searching through all my drawers trying to find something and theres nothing! I think DH thinks I'm going nuts.....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ughhh Clothing!

• Options
    Haha, I was just going to post the exact same thing!  I'm so glad I'm on maternity leave, if for no other reason than I really don't know if there's anything work-appropriate I could squeeze myself into anymore!
  • Options

I feel your pain!

Go out and buy some cheap cami's that are long enough to cover your belly to put under shirts. If they have a low scoop for the neck you can easily use them for nursing after baby comes. I have a couple from deb that I bought pre pregnancy that are still long enough to go over my belly. That and one from old navy are the only things I have that cover my belly. It's maddening!

The tanks are so stretched out I'll probably never be able to wear them again but it's the only way I'm really comfortable. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go to target and get stuff from the sale area. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    i know @ target they did carry long and lean tanks. i got some in a 2xl, and they work perfect bc of the long factorthey come past my ever growing belly and then some, they have some good stretch to them too, so you can get a good size for you and will probably be able to use em for a long long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
  • Options
    LOL! I have the same problem but I refuse to buy any more clothes.  I am tall so even the long tanks don't do the trick.  I either hike up my pants higher (I am lucky I wear scrubs) or I wear the bella band to cover, I bought it early on when my pre-preg pants still fit so I could leave them unbuttoned. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagevespa42:
    LOL! I have the same problem but I refuse to buy any more clothes.  I am tall so even the long tanks don't do the trick.  I either hike up my pants higher (I am lucky I wear scrubs) or I wear the bella band to cover, I bought it early on when my pre-preg pants still fit so I could leave them unbuttoned. 

This is me too. My torso is too long that they don't cover. I have been wearing dresses as shirts in order to cover my nasty belly. I hadn't thought to use the bella band though to cover! Great idea!!

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I refuse to spend any more money on maternity clothes, I've spent enough! I'm just getting by with the shorter shirts by covering them up with my maternity button down sweaters. My pants are extremely uncomfortable now, so I'm just living in dresses/skirts/leggings/anything super stretchy.

It would be nice to not have to worry about work clothes, I'd be so happy just wearing my comfy clothes for the rest of this pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Does your DH have any sweaters or shirts you can borrow?  That got me through the last week or so!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have been using my belly band for the last couple of months for extra support but here in the last couple weeks it definately is helping keep my stomach from flashing everyone.  I got mine at Target for around $15 dollars so you could just pick one up and wear it for the next week or two.  None of my shirts cover my stomach all the way anymore.  Also several of my friends liked theirs for wearing post partum too!

Mom to my angel Mia born 04/18/2003 @ 25 4/7 weeks due to severe eclampsia and HELLP. Now enjoying getting to be a mom my miracle little boy Tripp who was born 03/21/11 and was full term! Baby #3 due 10/13/13!
  • Options

i'm in the same boat and use the long tanks, belly band AND hubbys clothes to get me through the week!  I'm still working and getting dressed every morning stresses me out so bad!  But I REFUSE to buy more maternity stuff at this point!

Pretty soon we'll be in "normal" clothes again!  Can't wait!!!

• Options

imagenici84:
    i know @ target they did carry long and lean tanks. i got some in a 2xl, and they work perfect bc of the long factorthey come past my ever growing belly and then some, they have some good stretch to them too, so you can get a good size for you and will probably be able to use em for a long long time.

I'm definitely doing this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"