March 2011 Moms
Options

Update on Coraline's tests

Coraline has had a lot going on in her 2 weeks of life! At her 2-week appt. yesterday the doctor had her jaundice checked again and it was 11.1. Her pediatrician said that was ok, but wants her checked again next week just to make sure it continues to go down.

Coraline's hearing in her left ear was tested again on Tuesday because it was referred at the hospital. Unfortunately it was still referred, but the pediatrician said that her ear canals are so tiny that we should maybe wait another month to test again. At least we know she can hear in her right ear.

We found out at her appt. yesterday that her chromosome testing confirmed she has Trisomy 21 Down Syndrome, but we also found out that her echocardiogram came back normal, so we were very relieved about that!

She is eating and growing well (5lb 2oz at birth, lowest weight 4lb 13oz, and 5lb 7oz yesterday). We are so happy to have a healthy baby. :) Having a down syndrome baby will definitely be a new experience for us, but she is such a wonderful baby and we love her just as much as we would a baby without it!

Thank you to those of you that have been praying for her! :)

Re: Update on Coraline's tests

• Options
    I know exactally how you feel right now... my lil one has down's too and it seems like they run soooo many tests on them because of it.  Liam had a good heart echo too so I know how relieved you are.  Our lil Liam is a total joy like your Coraline, they say down's babies are the sweetest and I believe it.  I will keep your lil angel in my prayers.
    Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • Options
    Keeping you both in my t&p. I'm glad they are doing well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So good to hear that her echocardiogram came back normal.  You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    She is so beautiful! Did you know about her Downs before she was born?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

breastfeeding, cloth diapering, farming mama.

• Options
    I absolutely love her stance on peace already! That picture is beyond adorable.what a bumpy ride for you all, good to get some good news I'm sure.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad that Coraline is doing well! I've been thinking and praying for you and your family. Some of the people in my life that have taught me the most about joy and living life to the fullest are people living with Down Syndrome. I also love Down Syndrome features and think that little kids with Down Syndrome are some of the cutest kids ever.  I will be praying for you and the tests that Coraline will have to go through and I hope that your struggles pale in comparison to the joy that she will bring you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm happy to hear that her echocardiogram came back normal. Your family will continue to be in my t&ps.  I love that picture of her, too. So cute!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear that she is doing well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought about you just yesterday!  I am so glad you updated us.  She is beautiful!
  • Options
    thanks for keeping us updated!  continued thoughts and prayers go out to you guys!  they are such beautiful, wonderful, miracles!  glad to hear their tests are coming back well!!!!  blessings :)
  • Options

Thanks for the update and your daughter is beautiful. Have you ever read the blog Enjoying The Small Things? I think you might enjoy it. Her 2nd daughter has Downs and she just celebrated her first birthday. It is so beautifully written.

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for the update.  She is truly beautiful!  You will all continue to be in my prayers.

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh my gosh, I'm not on her all that often anymore but I just put 2-and-2 together on who you are. I already told YH, but congratulations on Coraline! I was a little bummed that I wasn't around the office to see her the other day when you brought her in, so thank you for posting a picture! She looks so cute and sweet Smile 

And I agree with the pp about checking out that blog, if you haven't already. I would go back and read the posts from when the little girl was first born. I cried... and it wasn't even when I was pregnant, so I can't blame it on the hormones. Smile 

• Options
    I'm glad to hear the echo came back normal! Lots of HUGS and T&P's for you and Coraline. She's such a cutie! :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options

imagejessababe85:
    I know exactally how you feel right now... my lil one has down's too and it seems like they run soooo many tests on them because of it.  Liam had a good heart echo too so I know how relieved you are.  Our lil Liam is a total joy like your Coraline, they say down's babies are the sweetest and I believe it.  I will keep your lil angel in my prayers.

Your baby boy is adorable. :) Glad your echo came back normal, too! It is such a relief knowing their hearts are doing well.

• Options

imagefuzzylamb:
    She is so beautiful! Did you know about her Downs before she was born?

No, we didn't do any of the tests. I figured there was no point in doing them because if she had it, it's not like I was going to get rid of her, and there was nothing we could've done to change it. I guess it could've given us more time to prepare emotionally, but we're doing great now! :)

• Options
    imagetgoff248:

Thanks for the update and your daughter is beautiful. Have you ever read the blog Enjoying The Small Things? I think you might enjoy it. Her 2nd daughter has Downs and she just celebrated her first birthday. It is so beautifully written.

Yes, someone else mentioned it to me before! :) I read about her birth. It was really great to read, and her daughter is so adorable! 

• Options
    Big hugs to you and your family! I know how you feel as I sit in the nicu with my little one. She had trouble breathing when she was born and stayed on the vent for 12 days. Drs have run every test in the book and we still don't know what's wrong with her. She is breathing on her own and doing MUCH better now buy we still have a long road ahead of us. However, regardless of the results we will love her All the same. And if you are anything like us, she will teach you more about life than any book or anyone else ever could. They are such a blessing and we are lucky to have them in our lives!!! You seem to have a wonderful outlook on things! I am glad to hear that she is healthy and doing well. Kelli
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"