New Jersey Babies
Options

Palisades Medical Center - anyone deliver there?

Hi! My OB who I love only delivers out of Hoboken Univ Medical Center or Palisades Medical Center. I won't deliver in Hoboken bc of my own bad experiences but am hesitant about Palisades since I haven't heard many good things about it. I really don't want to leave my doctor but will if I need to. Anyone have any experience with Palisades, good or bad, that may help me make my decision?? Thanks so much!!!

Re: Palisades Medical Center - anyone deliver there?

• Options
    I am also scheduled to deliver at Palisades Medical Center and would like to hear any positives/negatives from other mom's who've delivered there?  I have heard it's much nicer than Hoboken Univ Medical Center and that the rooms are larger and you have a chance of getting your own room but I don't know of anyone who actually delivered there.  I would also be greatful for any feedback on Palisades! Thanks so much!  Ashley
  • Options
    Hi! I have been wondering the same thing. We probably go to the same doctor in Hoboken. I have had some not great experiences in other departments of HUMC, but all I keep hearing is that their Birthing Center is really great. I don't deliver until August, so I intend to keep investigating both for a little while. I would love to see women with first hand experience post here. Thanks! Julie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well that's reassuring to know I'm not the only with questions! Who is your doctor? Mine is Dr. Migliaccio in hoboken. I think he's great and I don't want to leave him but I just would like more info on Palisades to feel comfortable delivering there. I have gone to Palisades for my ultrasounds but its in a different unit than the maternity ward. I scheduled a tour of the maternity ward in May so hopefully that will address my concerns. Please let me know if either of you find out any info and I will do the same! Good luck!!  
  • Options
    Well i hate to be the person with bad news but i grew up in the hudson county area and was born in Palisades and have also been there very many times for emergencies (i have asthma) and i have never had a good experience at that hospital. In fact I have had several close calls with my life at that hospital. I reccomend Holy Name if its possible or Englewood Hospital. Maybe i just had really bad luck with the doctors that i had and maybe its changed but i can only tell you my personal experiences. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"