Pregnant after IF
Options

If you miscarry while on progesterone...

will you bleed?

I am desperate!  Today is the 5 weeks and 1 day mark and I still feel nothing.  I have no m/s, I'm not tired (still go to bed at midnight), and I have mild cramping. 

I've had two losses.  I'm afraid that I may be having another loss and that I will never know because of the progesterone.  I'm frightened by the idea of seeing nothing at my scheduled ultrasound on 3/17.

Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Miscarried December of 2008, Ectopic Pregnancy November of 2009

IVF #1 = BFN | IVF #2 = BFP: 9dp5dt (399), 14dp5dt (2489)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
Image and video hosting by TinyPicIn loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia

Re: If you miscarry while on progesterone...

• Options

I wasn't on progesterone support, but I just wanted to share that I never had morning sickness.....was only a little more tired for a few days around 8 or 9 weeks, never had any food aversions, etc. I also had some slight cramping (doc said it was just things starting to shift and grow).

It's hard not to worry. I think we all do it all through the pregnancy. I just want to share my experience to hopefully help calm your fears a bit. Good luck next week at your ultrasound...I'm hoping you get to see your little one wiggling around, with a heartbeat (that should be starting sometime around your ultrasound, I think!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SAIFW
  • Options
    imagewhispergrrl:

I wasn't on progesterone support, but I just wanted to share that I never had morning sickness.....was only a little more tired for a few days around 8 or 9 weeks, never had any food aversions, etc. I also had some slight cramping (doc said it was just things starting to shift and grow).

It's hard not to worry. I think we all do it all through the pregnancy. I just want to share my experience to hopefully help calm your fears a bit. Good luck next week at your ultrasound...I'm hoping you get to see your little one wiggling around, with a heartbeat (that should be starting sometime around your ultrasound, I think!) 

This! I felt lots of pressure and even stomach pains.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whispergirl and jennype, thanks for responding. 
    Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
  • Options

Hi, I actually got full a blown period on progesterone during my 1st chemical.

I'm 6wks today and still no real symptoms, but no spotting either.

TTC since 12/07 Me: 33, no known issues DH: 33, azoospermia 1 Failed IVF/no transfer 3 transfers, 1 fresh, 2 FET, ALL c/p 3rd IVF: It's a GIRL!!! 7lbs., 3oz., 19.5 inches of perfection! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hang in there.  Pregnancy is scary for all of us because of everything we have gone through to get there.  I never had full-blown m/s...nausea yes but actual throwing up no.  I also had some light cramping but nothing terrible.  Add those to tender breasts and those were the only symptoms that I had...all of which I could be explained by taking progesterone.  These really did not start until about 6 weeks for me.
  • Options

I know you're scared with your history, but just wanted to add that I'm 5w1d and have no symptoms...just a little bit of cramping (well, more like twinges here and there).  I actually have more energy than pre-pregnancy b/c I'm not working late.  My breasts are rarely sore (usually just when I first wake up)...and I'm eating everything and anything in sight!  I asked my nurse again yesterday and she said some women just don't get symptoms, and if I am going to get them, they will likely come b/w 6-9 weeks.

I know its tough, but hang in there.  Hopefully your u/s next week will help put your mind at ease!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Please don't worry about the symptoms. I've had hardly any at all this whole pregnancy. No m/s, and I wasn't any more tired than normal until maybe the 8th or 9th week. I also had cramping. Hang in there, hon! Thinking of you!!
  • Options
    Both times I had bleeding while on progesterone when I miscarried. I know how hard it is not to worry but hang in there sweetie. I didn't have any symptoms that early with my 2 miscarriages or with my successful pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

I don't have any specific advice, but I wanted to share that I didn't have any m/s until 7w and I still have yet to have the exhaustion.  Everyone's bodies react differently...  But, I did have the cramonig you describe, altmost like AF was on her way, but she never came. 

I was also on progesterone (suppositories) until our 2nd beta test. 

Try not to fret yet (I know, much easier said than done)...  Just remember, "for today, I am pregnant."   Thinking of you...

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh hon, I'm so sorry you are feeling so anxious.  I've heard that many women have few or no symptoms, it really varies by person and pregnancy.  I had every symptom in the book from my 1st HPT, but I had a spontaneous loss while on progesterone.  Can you call and ask for another beta or u/s?  They were very accomodating when I asked for a 3rd beta and given your history of loss, I would guess they'd give you an early u/s if you ask.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

With both of my pregnancies, I've felt exactly like AF was coming for the first 8 weeks or so, then nothing until I got a belly and started feeling kicks. I've been a little more tired this time around, but I'm also getting up a lot with a toddler. Other than that, nothing. No m/s, no sore boobs, nothing. And especially at just 5w1d, lots of women end up with m/s around 6-8 weeks. Hopefully that won't be you, but it could definitely still be coming. I'm SURE baby is fine and progesterone is doing its job.

That being said, to answer your question, it depends on the person. I had a chemical back in August and I did not start bleeding until 3 days after stopping the progesterone. BUT, my betas didn't double (at all - at 16dpo it came back at 19). I know it's hard with losses in your history, but you need to try and assume all is well if you aren't bleeding and cramping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've had one miscarriage at 7.5 weeks while on progesterone.  The progesterone didn't stop the miscarriage from happening. 

But, I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and felt the exact way you did at 5 weeks.  I had no symptoms, no m/s, no exhaustion, just the mild cramping.  It is so scary!!    My nausea and exhaustion  hit this week!  Hang in there!

• Options

I had no break through bleeding, but my c/p was very early - about 4.5 weeks.

I also had no symptoms or m/s until around 6 weeks.  A lot of ladies never get m/s.

Good luck.

• Options
    I did not have any symptoms, lots of cramps and spotting in the beginning. i just started feeling a little nauseous a week or so ago. hang in there hun, i know it's sooo hard. like pp said, maybe you can get a 3rd beta? i got 5 because i was so worried =/
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You're still very early for morning sickness. In all of my pregnancies I never started feeling sick until I was past six weeks.

I was on progesterone in both of the pregnancies that I miscarried.  With the first I didn't just have bleeding, I had massive bleeding.  With the second I had some light bleeding but my body never fully recognized that the baby had died and in the end I had a d&c.

I'm hoping for the best of news at your ultrasound.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Ladies, thank you for responding.  I appreciate you sharing your experiences. 

• Options
    I started to  bleed when I had my m/c and was on progesterone.  Hang in there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"