New Orleans Babies

crawfish boil question

what is the name of the bag that holds potatoes, corn and so on that you place inside the crawfish boiling pot? know where I could find one?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crawfish boil question

• We just throw ours in?
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Yeah we normally just throw all the veggies in with the crawfish - we don't keep them seperate.

I guess if you wanted to, you could maybe try one of those mesh lingerie laundry bags... that would work, huh?  Check the laundry/cleaning/housewares aisle at Walmart or Target.
  • Loading the player...
  • Most people either just put them all in the pot together, or they use one of the empty crawfish sacks if they don't want to put it all together. You may be able to go to any seafood dealer and see if they've got them if all you're looking for is the bags.

Also, some grocery stores sell produce in these types of bags, so you might be able to find them there as well. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think its called a sachet. And not to freak anyone out or anything, but I am kinda nervous about eating boiled seafood (though I am CRAVING everything spicy) since the whole BP oil spill thing. The dispersants have proved harmful to fetuses. Anyone hear anything about this?
  • I'm pretty sure my family just throws them in one of the empty crawfish sacks.

I haven't heard anything about BP affecting crawfish... but now I really want some!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ummm I hope boiled seafood is safe to eat. I think I've been eating it like crazy. @24 weeks and I haven't heard anything about it being bad for you. Has anyone else heard if it is bad for the fetus?
  • A good friend of mine has a long time local seafood market and has told me LOTS about crawfish... biggest thing.. Crawfish don't come from the gulf, either farms, or places that drain into the gulf not the opposite.. So no worries on the crawfish.

Shrimp do come from the gulf but all test say any sold from a store or market are safe.

So as long as the sodium isn't swelling you up(like me)enjoy your boils all season long!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"