Kentucky Babies
Options

Lexington area couple's TTC?

Hi there,

Are there any Lexington couple's that are currently TTC? We are looking for a good OB/GYN's has anyone been or heard anything about Dr. Ashmun at CBH? I am looking to deliver at St.Joe East, any good OB's there?

Also, does anyone know about any PCOS support groups or related groups in the area or online? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Beth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lexington area couple's TTC?

• Options

When I first got pg I went to the OB at St Joe East..not 100% what they were called, BUT I did not like them at all. My insurance is a high deductible plan and the Dr kept telling me I'd have to pay for everything up front.  She also told me that the only way I'd be able to get pictures from a ultrasound was to have some genetic testing done that would cost us $300. 

After the first visit, I switched to a midwife in my town (Lancaster).

My cousin went to the OB's at CBH and really liked them.  She is 35 and the monitored her very closely and she received ultrasounds at nearly every visit! 

I have PCOS and after 5 years of TTC and multiple fertility treatments, we gave up.  Imagine my surprise when I went to the dr with a UTI and found out I was pg! 

Good luck and I hope someone else has better advice than me :)

• Options

I had a bad experience with a practice that practices at both CB & SJE (& a loss).... I can PM you the name of the practice and send you the links to the review sites. If you look at the reviews of some of the doctors there the office is great if your pregnancy is. However,it looks like a lady who had a stillbirth and another with a miscarrage had a similar experience as I had with the staff being very rude. They both happened before my loss & I wish I had done some research instead of going somewhere just because I knew a lot of people that went there. They questioned why I was there-even though it was a follow up appointment (I had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy).  They also told me the pain & cramping I was feeling was normal (I had called them several times the week before the ER visit) and it wasn't until I went to the ER (at CB) that I found out something was very wrong.

That being said I interviewed a lot of doctors (& offices) in the Lexington area after my loss.  I did meet with Dr Ashmun and she seemed very nice and was my 2nd choice.  I ended up going with Associates for Women's Care at SJE.  I see Dr Butler, however I have also had visits with Dr Campbell and Noel the midwife both of whom I have really liked.  The staff there has been really great about monitoring this pregnancy in the early stages to make sure it wasn't ectopic and they are really nice about calling me back when I have a question or problem. They also are very honest when something comes back questionable, as my betas were initally low in this pregnancy.

My advice is to visit several offices and see who you really like.  Make note of the staff as well as the doctors since they make the call in a lot of situations if you will be seen or not.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cool, thank you! Sorry to hear you had such a hard time of it in the beginning. But, I think sometimes that makes us treasure the happy times more. Congrats on this new miracle. I hope they treat you better at this practice than they did at the other one.
  • Options
    Hello! I actually have the same question.....my husband and I are pretty new to area and we are TTC. My current doctor is not an ob but I didnt care for her much anyway. I am looking to deliver at Central Baptist and would love any reccommendations. Thanks and good luck to all TTC!!
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagevpr105:
    Hello! I actually have the same question.....my husband and I are pretty new to area and we are TTC. My current doctor is not an ob but I didnt care for her much anyway. I am looking to deliver at Central Baptist and would love any reccommendations. Thanks and good luck to all TTC!!

My second choice was Dr Ashmun and she is at Women's Care Center at Central Baptist.  She seemed really nice. Smile

After my loss I interviewed several drs offices (CB, SJE,& UK) which probably seems kinda crazy.  Anyways if you have a question about a place just PM me.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    Most of the Doctor's in the Women's care Center at Central Baptist are great. I personally see Dr. Thomas Duncan but i he may just be a high risk Pregnancy doctor. having Diabetes puts me in the high risk category but i have several friends that come to central baptist and the women's care Docs all of us see someone different and all of us love our doc.
  • Options

I do not know all of the docs that deliver at the CB but I can give a list of OB's that deliver at St. Joe East.

Berry Campbell (high risk OB so I'm not sure just anyone can see him) berrycampbell.net

Associates for Women's Care - Drs. Butler, S. Campbell, Greene. They also have two midwives Nancy and Noel.  https://www.awclex.com/

Lexington Clinic OB - Drs. Steele, James, Elkinson, Jean https://www.lexingtonclinic.com/baby/

George Veloudis https://www.kyfertility.com/home.htm

Dr. Karon - https://www.karonmd.com/index-1.html

Pascuzzi (not sure if I'm spelling the name correctly)

Dr. O'Neill

My advice to you is to talk to as pregnant women / new mothers that you can.  Often times people only post reviews if something really bad or good has happen. I agree with someone else's post in that you may want to interview a couple different groups/doctors.  Ask about their C/S rates, what they do to manage PCOS or offer assistance with getting pregnant with PCOS, etc. Also some women prefer a female OB, some people prefer a midwive or Dr. so both of those things could play a role in who you pick.  Hope this helps.

?BFP #1 3/27/11, 1st US Mono Mono Twins, 2nd US 2 HB's, MMC@8w6d 4/25/11, D&C 4/27/11 ?

BFP#2 9/17/11 1st US HB 171 10/13/11 EDC 5/23/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imagekishabuis:

When I first got pg I went to the OB at St Joe East..not 100% what they were called, BUT I did not like them at all. My insurance is a high deductible plan and the Dr kept telling me I'd have to pay for everything up front.  She also told me that the only way I'd be able to get pictures from a ultrasound was to have some genetic testing done that would cost us $300. 

After the first visit, I switched to a midwife in my town (Lancaster).

My cousin went to the OB's at CBH and really liked them.  She is 35 and the monitored her very closely and she received ultrasounds at nearly every visit! 

I have PCOS and after 5 years of TTC and multiple fertility treatments, we gave up.  Imagine my surprise when I went to the dr with a UTI and found out I was pg! 

Good luck and I hope someone else has better advice than me :)

Did you have a homebirth? I think we may have the same midwife :)

• Options

I saw Dr. O'Nan until she transferred to Central Baptist.  I wanted to deliver at SJE. I switched to Dr. Greene with Associates for Women's Care.  He delivered my DD and was great throughout the process!  I also saw Dr. Campbell while I was expecting and felt comfortable with her.  One of my good friends sees Dr. Butler and really liked him.  She was at risk and felt very comfortable with him.  I only met Dr. Butler in the hallway as he was always too busy for me to get an appointment with, but he was friendly and did take time to meet and say hello to me in the hall:)

Good Luck! 

Caroline arrived 6/17/2012
    Courtney arrived 9/16/07
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"