Military Families
Options

Fort Campbell

Hi everyone! Well I am a young mother. I have a 9 month old son and expecting my 2nd son in July. I am getting married in a couple weeks and will be moving to Ft. Campbell with my husband (active duty member of the Army) and son. This will be my first time going that far away from my mother and family and I am kind of nervous. We will be moving in April. I would really like some friends before I move.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fort Campbell

• Options
    I hope you like Ft. Campbell. We'll be moving there this fall.
  • Options
    Hopefully you'll like Ft Campbell. The post is huge with decent amenities, though the surrounding area is somewhat rural. The only thing that really surprised me was how ungodly hot last summer was - averaged 95 every day for weeks, so not much fun for outdoor stuff... we arrived in April last year, though, and the spring was beautiful! Be sure to attend the Newcombers' Brief (I think it's every Thur) with your DH when you get there (there's free childcare for your infant if you need it; it'd be good to attend and get a whole bunch of info all at once, especially since you'll then be pretty busy at home for a while, so you don't want to wind up feeling disconnected the first six months).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been at Ft. Cambell for about 18 months and love it here.  For us, it's got enough to keep us busy and then if we need to, Nashville is only 45 minutes down the road.  I've have good luck finding activities for my 2 year old (River View Mounds Farm - awesome fall festivals, spring festivals and even winter festivals, JumpZone, great parks, Chick-Fil-A indoor playplace, McDonald's indoor playplace, great storytimes at the Clarksville library, the splash park on post, the waterpark in Hopkinsville).  Also, google "clarksvillemommies" and "fortcampbellwives". :)  I think you'll find some great resources!
  • Options
    I was born and lived there as a child..Everyone that i have known to live there have enjoyed it! good luck
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I have a 16 month old and am due with my second in November.  I'm moving to Campbell in May with my husband as well.  I hope I like it - I love Ft. Benning where he has been for the past few years. I've lived in NY my whole life so I'm nervous about moving away from my family too. Good luck
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"