School-Aged Children

Moms of kids who had lovies but outgrown them

If your kid had a favorite toy/lovey did you do anything special with it/to it now that they've outgrown it?  I saw a blog post with someone who took photos of the bear and the kid with the photos framed.  So cute.  DD LOVES her cabbage patch baby and it just got me thinking there's gonna be a time when it doesn't travel everywhere with us.  Of course i could never throw it out anyway, but any cute ideas?

Re: Moms of kids who had lovies but outgrown them

• Okay, I totally aknowledge that this might be over the top, but....

https://customtoyportrait.com/order-your-toy-portrait/

Cute, right?  Not crazy....

• Well, my kiddo still loves his so it's not out of the picture just yet. I'll just put it in a box for him until he's older and can decide what he wants to do with it. 

I think the photo's thing is cute that someone mentioned. But, if the child is old enough to say they don't want/need their favorite toy/lovey then I don't think they'll want a painting of it on their wall. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Both of my kids have had special items that have been their favorites at different ages.  Although neither kid HAS to have that item in bed on a daily basis, I certainly wouldn't think my kids would allow me to pack those items up and move them to the attic!  Even though my kids are 6 and 10, those former "lovies" are still around in their bedrooms, along with newer, less funky-smelling stuffed animals and toys.

The painting of the toy is pretty cute, but I'm not sure why you would buy a custom painting of a child's lovey, when the kid would probably rather have the real thing.  Unless the lovey is so damaged that it needs to go in the trash, I'm not sure I see the value in the painting.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I agree.  There's has to be a really small market for lovey paintings! 

I wouldn't think the painting would replace the lovey.  I'm not about to have one commissioned, but I do know that my DD would love to have it in her room.  She's almost 6 and she's still pretty attached to it; sleeping with it, playing with it, and drawing pictures of it. 

I think the painting would be a sweet gift if she has a baby of her own for the nursery, but now I'm getting way ahead of myself!  : )

• I had all sorts of pictures with my DD with her lovie.  I made a book out of them on line and told the story of their "relationship".  She loves it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"