Attachment Parenting
Options

Sling/Wrap for BF

I tried the gals on the BF board and only got one suggestion. What wrap or sling would be best to securely breast feed in while wrangling a toddler? I want to be successful nursing this time around but have definate concerns with a toddler around and figured a wrap or sling would help tons! TIA

Re: Sling/Wrap for BF

• Options

Maya lightly padded is one that comes to mind recommended to me numerous times when I was pg with DS2.  A lot of people like slings.  I never got the hang of them (felt like baby was lost in all the fabric) and preferred the moby for LO.  I never got the hang of nursing in the wrap with DS1, but did manage it with DS2.  

It's really tough to say what you would find easiest/most comfortable.  I think it depends on your chest size, lo and your comfort with the wrap/sling.  I have heard mama's bf in slings, wraps, mei tais and ssc front carry.  I guess my advice would be to go with whatever carrier you like best and feel most comfortable with and read about bf advice with that carrier.  For example, if you go with a wrap, here is a link that includes instructions on nursing in the wrap:  https://www.wrapyourbaby.com/pretiedx.htm

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    You can really nurse in any quality carrier although I think a ring sling, mei tai, and wrap are easier than buckles.  I really only ever used a ring sling or rebozo (short wrap worn like a ring sling) with kiddo - despite mostly wrapping I just never bothered to try to learn.  This time I'm sure I will though!  My siggy link has lots of general carrier info that might help you decide too ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"