Postpartum Depression

did you have physical exhaustion and body aches during depression?

Up to 6 months after my sons birth I felt weepy and utterly exhusted. I couldn't understand why it was so hard to get dressed and put him together to go out of the house and my body hurt. I really don't know if it was depression after talking to Dr. they think not but I think it may have been. I'm better now but was curious how many other moms experience that?

Re: did you have physical exhaustion and body aches during depression?

• I sure did. I felt completely exhausted all day everyday. And it wasn't from staying up all night with the baby because I've always been an all-nighter type of person. Before LO I could go off of only a few hours of sleep but before I started my medication I would have my mother come watch LO while I would sleep ALL day long (horrible, I know)

I also had the body aches and all that and it is a sign of depression.

• Just to be safe, I'd also have your vitamin B & D levels...maybe more checked. I'm achy, too, but I also have a vitamin D deficiency, so who know if the depression is also related.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Loading the player...
  • It could be related to the depression, and it could be fibromyalgia. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! Not only can you be exhausted from lack of sleep, but also from depression and anxiety. I'm going through it right now! It's a bit rough but i'm getting help for it and know that things will get better. I have noticed that my previous injuries have seemed to be more achy as well. I think it's from my PPD as well. I suffered from depression in my teens and I had the same things happen then as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• My depression always manifests as exhaustion, headaches, and general inability to get stuff done, which is why I didn't recognize it at first.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"