June 2011 Moms

No more cheetos?!

So the only thing I've really been randomly craving for the last couple weeks is cheetos... so I just went down to the cafeteria in my building picked some up and changed my FB status to "Mmmmm cheetos"

I get a super quick response: "Doesn't that have MSG?" 

Followed by a: "Oooh pregnant women should not eat MSG unless they want three armed babies"

Has anyone heard of this?! Can I seriously not have any more cheetos?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No more cheetos?!

• I have not heard that. I have had my fair share of cheese doodles.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • it's kind of funny the things people tell you to stay away from while pregnant . . .

MSG is perfectly safe, it's not great nutritionally, but if you're eating it in moderation it won't hurt anything. Just make sure it's your once in a while snack as opposed to your lunch every day : )

Enjoy those Cheetos!

• Loading the player...
  • DD is allergic to MSG, so we've pretty much cut it out of our diet for the last year or so.

But, who can resist cheetos? :)

Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
  • I have heard of the no Msg rule. (haven't heard of babies having 3 arms tho) My doctor said it was fine in moderation though. So enjoy your cheetos. 
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been eating my share of junk food too and I haven't heard of this. I'm sure it's fine in moderation, like anything else out there. After all, it's not like you eat Cheetos all day every day. Besides, if you're actually craving them, clearly there's something in them that the baby needs, that's just his way of letting you know! I say, enjoy them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • Just eat in moderation. I wouldn't eat cheetos and dip them in ranch (has MSG). The preservative isn't the greatest thing in the world and can cause allergies. It is all about moderation. Enjoy the Cheetos.

• I've heard to stay away from it, but just for nutritional reasons - nothing to do with harming the baby.  If you're not going to eat a whole giant size bag in one sitting and you're eating them in moderation go for it!

PS - I did not know Cheetos has MSG... makes me wonder what I'm eating when I splurge on stuff. 

• I ate an entire bag of cheetos in one sitting during my first tri, and LO definitely only has two arms!

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • are you serious - people are commenting about what you should and shouldn't eat via a FB status............

i would be so annoyed by this........

eat the cheetos i'm sure they are fine!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"