April 2011 Moms

Sharp, stabby pain near pubic bone?

For the last few days I have been having this REALLY sharp, stabbing pain low down, almost at my pubic bone on my right side (but sort of centered). I thought it was just RLP, and it may be, but it's really intense. It's worse when I move or roll over.

I have an u/s with the peri tomorrow, so they'll be checking cervical length and everything. But still, ow.

Does this sound familiar to others?

Re: Sharp, stabby pain near pubic bone?

• AlyhsAlyhs member
    I have a pain like that but it's just lightening crotch for me. Maybe lo is sitting on a nerve.

Surprise Baby #3!
    imageimage

Baby #1: Olyvea

Baby #2: Adelyn
  • Yep, mins is usually off to the left. I mentioned it at my last appointment and they said it was growing pains.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was walking around the house the other day and had the exact same pain.  It was sharp enough that I had to kind of hold onto the table and lean over until it went away (within 10-15 seconds, I would guess).  It came back a few minutes later, so I laid down and while I still felt a little achey in that spot, the sharp pain never came back.  I called the doctor and they advised to just take it easy, that it was likely RLP or the baby moving into a lower position than I was used to.  She didn't seem concerned, since I wasn't also having bleeding, watery discharge, ongoing cramping, or lower fetal movement than normal.  It's worth mentioning to the doctor tomorrow, but it hopefully is nothing!  I haven't had the sharp pain come back ever since that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The midwife teaching my birthing class commented that where the pelvic bone joins in the middle front is just cartilage which is starting to get stretched right around now (particularly if LO is head-down already).  So that could be it ... does it hurt more if you press on it?  She said that is one way to tell that is what it is ...
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • Yeah, it sounds like vaginal lightning Lightning to me.  I have no idea what causes it, but I have had it with both pregnancies. 

I would mention to your OB, but it's probably nothing to be concerned about.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YUP!  Get them all the time!  Pretty sure it's lightning crotch.  Just feels like I'm getting a swift kick to the cervix/bladder.  HA
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers #1-DD born June 14, 2008 at 40w4d...Our Little Bug is growing so fast! #2-HB 7w5d, Missed mc 3/30/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 8w1d) #3-DS born April 5, 2011 at 38w2d...Our Little Boy is getting so big! #4-Baby #3 is due May 26, 2014! image
  • Yup, I have this all the time, and it's enough to stop me in my tracks and take my breath away.  I was in Baby Depot the other day when it happened and I freaked out some lady who was in the aisle with me-- she thought I was having contractions.

I would mention it to your OB.  Mine said that it was most likely the result of the baby moving lower.  You're getting close, mama!

Stephanie Hsu
  • I think it's got to do with the baby's position and also is partly RLP. I have the same thing. I suspect (for me) that L is just ramming her head into something. She's sweet that way.
  • I just popped onto The Bump to write this same exact post! I keep having a sharp pain to the left of my pubic bone, kind of between the bone and where the leg begins. It's awful! Some of the pains are tolerable and I can walk them off,but other times I have to stop and brace myself. I scared one of the colleagues the other day when I yelled out and grabbed the side of the copy machine. I didn't mean to react that way, but it caught me by surprise! I was totally embarrassed!
  • I'm also having something similar, although more on my left side.  I generally feel it when i stand up or roll over, so I figured it was RLP. 
  • I had a pain like that all last month, almost in my hip. I started getting adjusted by a chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women and she also gave me several stretches to help me walk normally again. I've been feeling a lot better. Maybe an adjustment to your hips and lower back might help relieve some of the pressure and pain.
  • imagesiajara:
    The midwife teaching my birthing class commented that where the pelvic bone joins in the middle front is just cartilage which is starting to get stretched right around now (particularly if LO is head-down already).  So that could be it ... does it hurt more if you press on it?  She said that is one way to tell that is what it is ...

My chiropractor has been adjusting my pelvis.  It makes a WORLD of difference for me and stabbing vag pain.  She also puts pressure on my round ligaments to "release" them.  I have felt SOOOO much better since regularly seeing my chiropractor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"