May 2011 Moms
Options

Pillows at birth classes?

So excited to start our childbirth and newborn classes tomorrow, but I have a question about taking pillows. My information sheet just says that you might get on the floor to practice relaxation techniques so wear comfy clothes and bring pillows if you want to help you get comfortable. Did you take pillows and did you need them? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pillows at birth classes?

• Options
    We bring 2 pillows and a throw type blanket to our classes. We have a 4 week series. Sometimes you have to lay on the floor to practice massage techniques and stuff. I just feel more comfortable not lying on their dirty carpet and the pillows help for propping yourself up, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsD1MrsD1 member

We brought two pillows and a sleeping bag and that was fine. The sleeping bag was a good choice because it was much more comfy than a regular blanket to sit on while on the ground.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't even think about bringing a blanket, that's a good idea too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was told to bring two pillows and a blanket. 
  • Options
    We're supposed to bring 2 bed sized pillows and a blanket. When we do relaxation we have the option of getting on the floor, but DH and I never have. The instructor told us this week we will be on the floor. So far I have only used one of the pillows for back support/tail bone padding because my back really starts to hurt.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    We had to bring 2 pillows and a blanket which we used for a limited amount of time for the relaxation techniques. However, our class was two days in a row and I got really uncomfortable in the horrible plastic chairs they had, so it was great to have the pillows to use as back support in the chairs and for sitting on the floor.
  • Options

In my class we used them to sit on the ground for a couple relaxation techniques and that was it. Oh... and one time to practice the position for pushing. But I had an accelerated-2 saturday class so we didn't spend a ton of time on it.

But I took one firm pillow and one blanket and that was enough for what we did.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"