Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone tear their urethra during labor? TMI

When DD#1 was born I had a 2nd degree tear; with DD#2 she came out so fast (seriously 2 pushes & she was out) that I don't think my body had time to prepare for her & she was a large baby (9 lbs 4 oz) - that I ended up getting another 2nd degree tear and also she tore part of my urethra as she came out. 

I feel like I am about 80% healed down there; except I feel like my stiches are almost too tight in the area where I tore.  It kind of feels like my skin in pulling in areas down there, especially by my vaginal opening; especially when I'm on my feet for longer periods of time.

Did anyone else have this happen? If so, was your healing time longer? I have my 6 wk pp appt on Wednesday-so I'm definitely going to ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone tear their urethra during labor? TMI

• Options
    I didn't tear my urethra but i did tear my left labia and when i'm on my feet alot(and ill be 6 weeks pp tomorrow) it still hurts. I was going to bring it up to the doc on wed at my 6 week pp appointment. I get swollen still usually everyday and it actually hurts to pee. I know I don't have an UTI cuz it only hurts at the end of the day when things are swollen. I started using hot compresses and that helps alot, but usually near the end of the day I have to lay down in bed because sitting in achair hurts too =( I usually spend time with baby laying in bed before he goes to bed every nightnow. I just hope this heals up.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I tore into my urethra too. It hurt like hell everytime i had to pee. I am 2 weeks PP and it is just now starting to feel better. I am a little worried though cause I don't know if she stiched me up right cause my va-jay jay doesn't look the same anymore!! I told my mom about this and how I was worried it wasn't going to go back to normal and she said, it probably won't!! That made me even more worried.

I pushed DD out super fast too. I think I pushed 3 seperate times of 3 pushes each and she was out. It took a total of 15 mins and that was with time to get the doctor in there and ready to deliver her. But she was a small baby, only 6 pounds 2 ounces. 9 pounds is a big baby!! Sounds ouchy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tore both sides of my labia and my urethra.  Up until about 2 weeks ago it felt like everything was pulling down there.  It looked a lot different 2 weeks after I had E but now (according to DH) it looks the same as it did before.  As for the hurting when you pee, spray a little dermoplast before you start to go.  It doesn't completely numb it but it helps take the edge off.  I also sprayed myself off with a peri bottle of warm water every time I went to the bathroom.  I found that there was some weird puss when it started to heal so I cleaned the area with tucks pads.  It sound like a lot of cleaning and fuss but I think its worth it since it's such a sensitive area and the cleaner you are, the better you will heal.  HTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"