Infertility
Options

*gushing* blood after PIO?

I've had a little bleeding with a lot of my PIO shots, but this one was totally different - it was like *gushing* and there is already a big bruise forming.  I'm really not worried but DH is convinced he's killed me.  Anyone else have this happen?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Amber
TTC since March '06
MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
My IF Blog: Between the Lines
My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama

Re: *gushing* blood after PIO?

• Options
    You may have just hit a vein. I don't think there's any harm to it, it happens on occasion. Did he pull back a bit before doing the injection to check for blood in the syringe? That's what we were instructed to do to make sure the needle wasn't in a vein.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    CBLCBL member
    eek - sounds like you hit a vein.  Just apply lots of pressure and ice it to help reduce the bruising and swelling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!!! Just the other day after he removed the needle I squirted out blood 2-3 ft, totally shocked dh! Don't do pio shots standing on the carpet!
  • Options
    Yeah, I bled through 3 band-aids yesterday!! DH pulled back on the syringe and no blood came out, so I don't know what the deal was.
  • Options
    I figure he nicked a vein.  He did pull back, but he admits he doesn't pull back "much" because sometimes he gets an air bubble when he does and that freaks him out.  I pointed out this morning that he'd just be putting that "air bubble" back exactly where it came from and not in a vein, so don't worry about it.  As he pointed out, he's not exactly a pro.  Poor guy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    Oh wow, this is scaring me.  Indifferent  i haven't done PIO yet, but hope to get that far with this cycle.  I'm sure I'll be posting lots of questions when I do! 
  • Options

Ack!! That's no fun - I would venture to say you nicked a vein.  I think it happens to everyone at least once - I had one bad one that literally sprayed blood across the bathroom onto the wall.

It will be ok - just put lots of pressure on it!!

Hannah

• Options
    CBLCBL member

Oh yeah - and be sure to wear old undies today :)

If that happened to my husband, he would have never given me another shot.  It was bad enough that the window was open when he gave me my first shot and the dialogue sounded rather x rated ;)

• Options
    I've had this happen, don't worry! you just nicked a vein. I woke up one morning after a PIO shot and there was blood all over my sheets! Dh didn't think I needed a band-aid... guess he was wrong! Stick out tongue
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"