Multiples

three sacs on 5 week ultrasound

Hello everyone - I'm not sure I even belong here but I'm in shock and looking for some help.  I went in for an early ultrasound (history of repeat m/c) at 5 weeks and there were 3 sacs - no fetal poles or heartbeats at this point.  The u/s tech was not certain they were sacs and mentioned they could be blood clots or blood pooling but my OB said she was certain they were sacs but said it was still VERY early.  I was in shock as this was the last thing I was expecting.  My hcg levels also seem high.  I'm just having a really hard time believing we might be expecting triplets.  Did anyone else find multiple sacs at an early ultrasound?  I'd love to see some other ultrasound pictures or hear others stories.  I just never expected multiples...

Re: three sacs on 5 week ultrasound

• No stories to share, but just wanted to say congrats in general. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh wow! so i guess you didn't do any IF treatments? usually that is why people get early US's...

My first Us was at 5w and I only had 2 sacs- no poles, no yolk sacs - and a few days later had everything- plus heartbeats.... and as you can see in my siggy - now 2 healthy twin boys.

early on every single day makes SUCH a huge difference - so it's a horrible waiting game.  Prayers for you - congrats! Just send lots of love to your belly - right now, you have got 3 in there (from what your OB and betas say)... so send them all the love you can - and only time will tell how it turns out!!

• Loading the player...
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:

oh wow! so i guess you didn't do any IF treatments? usually that is why people get early US's...

My first Us was at 5w and I only had 2 sacs- no poles, no yolk sacs - and a few days later had everything- plus heartbeats.... and as you can see in my siggy - now 2 healthy twin boys.

early on every single day makes SUCH a huge difference - so it's a horrible waiting game.  Prayers for you - congrats! Just send lots of love to your belly - right now, you have got 3 in there (from what your OB and betas say)... so send them all the love you can - and only time will tell how it turns out!!

Thank you for the kind words.  I just don't know what to think, trying not to drive myself crazy wondering what is going on.  We did not do any IF treatments, we get pregnancy very easily, but have a hard time staying pregnant.  I had one healthy pregnancy (2 year old DD) and three m/cs so my OB did the early ultrasound.  Maybe I am in shock, I never even dreamt we would have multiples so I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around all this!  We have another ultrasound on Tuesday, we'll hopefully get some answers then!

• Wow! Good luck to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck! If it does end up to be triplets, well, there are lots of us on here to help you out. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • I had an early u/s because I had a miscarraige right before.  Also had my hcg levels done at 4 weeks and they were high.  Had the u/s at 6 wks exactly.  The tech thought she saw 3 sacs.  She looked at it for at least for 2 minutes while we almost passed out :)  But since there were only 2 sacs with yoks, she said the 3rd must have been "a bleed".  We were so shocked about hearing we were having twins that I never really asked about that 3 "bleed". Sometimes I find myself wondering if that was a vanishing triplet.  Hope you get the news you want!!  Congrats!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:

oh wow! so i guess you didn't do any IF treatments? usually that is why people get early US's...

Not necessarily. Right?!?  The waiting game stinks!  Hoping at least 1 of the possible 3 stick!!!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • We did do IF treatments but, yes, that's how it started for me.  We saw 3 sacs, but no fetal poles no yolk sacs, at a very early u/s.  The RE warned me not to run out and buy a minivan just yet (ha ha) as it was very possible that not all of the sacs would contain viable embryos.  We went back maybe a week later and every sac had pole and a HB and as you can see we now have three healthy baby boys and we did have to get that minivan.

Congratulations and a H&H 9 months (probably more like 8 months with triplets) to you!

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We saw two sacs at 5 weeks and now have twins. If the doctor is pretty sure they're sacs, I'd suffice it to say you're pg with triplets! Congrats!! Welcome to the board :)
  • Hi! First of all, BREATHE!!!! I just recently went thru the same shock! It is quite early, and all Docs will say be cautious. We had our first u/s at 7w so we saw 3 sacs, each with little poles and flickering HBs!! It takes time to sink in!! But I believe we are BLESSED! :) Congrats!

I have u/s pictures from each u/s thus far up on my blog if you'd like to see:

https://theinfertilitypages.blogspot.com/

(Amanda)

• We had 3 sacs at 5w (one was really small and the RE thought it would vanish) and 3 heartbeats at 6w4d. We ended up losing C at 12ish weeks, but the twins look healthy!

good luck!!

1.0&2.0 7-29-11

• I had an early ultrasound at 5w1d because of an earlier miscarriage.  We saw two sacs, but only one had a yolk sac.  The other was measuring two days behind.  They told us we would just have to wait and see what happened.  We might have twins or one might diasappear.  When we went for another ultrasound at 7w we had two heartbeats.  It's really hard just having to wait to find out, but good luck to you!

ETA: The ultrasound pic in my siggy is from my 7w ultrasound.  They didn't give us any pictures from the 5w ultrasound.

• We had an ultrasound at 4w, 5d for no other reason than my doctor does an ultrasound at the first visit and gets you in as soon as you get a BFP (I have no other pregnancy history).  We saw two sacs immediately, and then two weeks later they were little beans with heart beats.  Like a PP said, every single day that early counts!

Congratulations!  I'm almost six months in and still don't believe I'm having twins, although I am so excited!

• Thank you for all the wonderful responses.  I am so overwhelmed, excited and scared...all I can do now is wait for the next ultrasound.  Thank you for the shared ultrasound pictures and stories as well.  I have a hard enough time carrying one healthy baby so prayers are appreciated!
  • imageATLinApril:
    Thank you for all the wonderful responses.  I am so overwhelmed, excited and scared...all I can do now is wait for the next ultrasound.  Thank you for the shared ultrasound pictures and stories as well.  I have a hard enough time carrying one healthy baby so prayers are appreciated!

I should have also mentioned above that I had a 13w m/c and 3 chemical pregnancies previously yet no problems with the high risk triplet pregnancy.  I guess sometimes life is funny that way.  Good luck to you and I'll send you a prayer.  Let us know how it goes after your next u/s.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMeggM1:

We had an ultrasound at 4w, 5d for no other reason than my doctor does an ultrasound at the first visit and gets you in as soon as you get a BFP (I have no other pregnancy history).  We saw two sacs immediately, and then two weeks later they were little beans with heart beats.  Like a PP said, every single day that early counts!

Congratulations!  I'm almost six months in and still don't believe I'm having twins, although I am so excited!

Mine are 6 months "out" and I still look at them and think, I can't believe I have twins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"