North Florida Babies
Options

Fun Expectant Couples in OrangePark/Middleburg/Flemming Island Area

Hi! My husband and I just found out we are pregnant and would love to meet or just talk to some other couples that are pregnant in our area. We need advice on local obgyn options, pregnancy groups, etc. Before this, we had an ectopic pregnancy in April 2010 and it has taken us until February 2011 to conceive again. We didn't even get a chance to get used to the idea of being pregnant before we lost the baby, so please pray for us that the same won't happen again. Thank you for reading and for anything you can submit!

Finally Conceived 2-5-11!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fun Expectant Couples in OrangePark/Middleburg/Flemming Island Area

• Options

I'm in Fleming Island :)

Lots of prayers for this baby!  I had a miscarriage in August and it was one of the hardest things I've dealt with.  Thankfully I got pregnant again quickly and so far things with this little girl have been great.  I hope the same is true for you and your little one!

As for OB/GYN - I see the doctors at the North Florida OB/GYN group at Baptist South - doctors Connor, Greenhaw, Greenwald, Stoddard, Blankly, etc.. They delivered my son and we had a wonderful experience with them.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you, Kristin&Adam! I just signed up with one of the midwives at nfobgyn. I cancelled an appointment with Generations to Generations because the nurses up front are always so rude! I really appreciate the comment and the good wishes. It makes me feel better about my decision to go with them. I'm still waiting on results to see if the baby is developing correctly, so I'll post whenever I get news!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Ladies,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I also live in Fleming Island. My husband and I have decided to have another baby so I chose my first appt with North Jacksonville OB/GYN here in Fleming Island after reading this thread.

The receptionists were very nice. The nurse who took my vitals wasn't very nice though. The midwife I spoke to (Michelle Conkling) was great. I did leave feeling like I didn't need to bother going as nothing more than a short talk was accomplished. I'm not sure if that's the typical pre-conception/planning appointment procedure or not. Since I will be 40 this summer, I wanted to have tests done and make sure all was well.

How's your pregnancy going? I hope you're feeling well! :)

Terry-Anne

Terry-Anne Kokabella Photographic Art & Design Fleming Island, Florida Kokabella.com Mommy to Sophia 2/7/2009 SophiaFaith.com
  • Options
    Hi!  Congrats on your pregnancy.  I also live in Fleming Island.  Like one of the other posters, I also go to NFL OB/GYN in Mandarin.  I think all of the doctors and RNs there are great.  It's a little farther out but worth it IMO.  I delivered at Baptist South and had a great experience there.  I had my daughter in November.  
  • Options

Hi! Congrats to you and your husband!!!

I live in Fleming Island and had my baby with N.Florida OB/GYN at St. Vincent's. I had Dr. Laubscher who delivered my DD at St.Vincent's. She was wonderful and so sweet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKokabella:

Hi Ladies,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I also live in Fleming Island. My husband and I have decided to have another baby so I chose my first appt with North Jacksonville OB/GYN here in Fleming Island after reading this thread.

The receptionists were very nice. The nurse who took my vitals wasn't very nice though. The midwife I spoke to (Michelle Conkling) was great. I did leave feeling like I didn't need to bother going as nothing more than a short talk was accomplished. I'm not sure if that's the typical pre-conception/planning appointment procedure or not. Since I will be 40 this summer, I wanted to have tests done and make sure all was well.

How's your pregnancy going? I hope you're feeling well! :)

Terry-Anne

What a coincidence! Michelle is who I ended up seeing when I went for my initial consultation as well. I like her a lot and decided to keep her throughout my pregnancy and to deliver my baby. She seems to always be running behind with her patients though! I'm surprised they didn't send you for bloodwork right away. It seems that's all I do these days... Things are looking up as of right now though. The initial ultrasound showed that the egg was implanted where it's supposed to be, so they have ruled out ectopic pregnancy. I have another appointment next week to see a heartbeat, so if everything goes as planned I will know that I have a healthy baby by wednesday! Thank you for the good wishes and good luck with your pregnancy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"