Breastfeeding
Options

Problems with Fenugreek?

Hey ladies. This is my first time posting on this board. I have an almost one month old little boy. I was EBF for awhile, but it just wasn't working out for numerous reasons. I am now pumping and supplementing with formula when needed (only a few ounces a day). My supply is low though so I bought some Fenugreek. I haven't taken any yet though because I don't know if I need to talk to the doctor first. Has anyone had any problems with it? Did you talk to your doctor first? Any insight would be helpful. I've read the other posts on Fenugreek but none seem to answer any of these questions. TIA!

Re: Problems with Fenugreek?

• Options

imageBabyNSR:
    Hey ladies. This is my first time posting on this board. I have an almost one month old little boy. I was EBF for awhile, but it just wasn't working out for numerous reasons. I am now pumping and supplementing with formula when needed (only a few ounces a day). My supply is low though so I bought some Fenugreek. I haven't taken any yet though because I don't know if I need to talk to the doctor first. Has anyone had any problems with it? Did you talk to your doctor first? Any insight would be helpful. I've read the other posts on Fenugreek but none seem to answer any of these questions. TIA!

Yes, I had problems with it. LO was TERRIBLY fussy after I started taking it, she was gassy. Nothing I did stopped the gas except for stopping the Fenugreek

I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it was fine to take, and that there were good resources on the kellysmom website or to talk to the LC if I had questions

• Options

I tried taking it 2x a day and DD became super-gassy. She also got a little fussy. I stopped it and those issues went away.

I now take it only when I need a jump-start. Usually I'll take three pills once a day for three or four days.

I do know people, however, who took it and had no side effects.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"